HI I am new to MFP

Options
mmr0329
mmr0329 Posts: 3 Member
Hi,
My name is Marla, I found your group and would like to join. I am a hospice nurse, and I will be 50 this year. The ap will not let me put my actual birth year in, it only goes as far back as 1970! LOL so my profile says I am 41. I have been doing the HCG diet for a little over a year I lost 60 pounds but gained about 10 back because I just got bored and agrivated. I am back on track now and my counseler suggested I use MFP to help keep track of my calories. I really like it so far. Good luck everyone!

Replies

• garlic7girl
    garlic7girl Posts: 2,236 Member
    Options
    Welcome!!!!!!! Do you ever find that being a hospice nurse affects your health???
  • becca1968
    Options
    Welcome! I'm relatively new to MFP too; joining Dec 26, 2011. I'm an LPN and will return to school in Aug to complete my RN. Then hubby and I are moving somewhere scenic! Not sure where yet, but looking at places to go where they pay nurses well.

Have a great day!!!
  • radicalmom
    radicalmom Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Welcome Marla and Becca.

I have a question for all of you....do you think as nurses we are more likely to overeat or eat emotionally than other careers? I wonder if anyone has done a study. I think I will look.

I think, (this is a generalization) we are not always the best at self care. So bravo to all of us using MFP to change health habits!
  • garlic7girl
    Options
    I have heard some personal trainers and dieticians say we are the worst. I think somewhat true. I think it is the stress. We nurses take on so much no matter the field. We are often so exhausted we don't exercise...it is hard work but worth it in the end.
  • radicalmom
    radicalmom Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    agree garlic girl. takes a bit of a mindset change I think.
  • Rollie277
    Rollie277 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Hi there! I used to do oncology/hospice but I'm in cardiac now. Nursing is stressful, but at least it's interesting. Trying to get away from hospital work myself.
  • garlic7girl
    Options
    God bless you my friend! Hospice/oncology is very hard and stressful work!