Day 21

Kai85
Kai85 Posts: 439 Member
First day of level 3!

Just to share my thoughts keeping in mind I may be a tad emotional at the moment...
I felt a bit lost because I had no idea what was coming up or how most of the moves were going to look
My knee popped out when doing the jump lunges...so that put me off a bit
I could not for the life of me work out how to do the crunches where you had your legs on the ground and came all the way up (I think I did 2)
I kept saying "you've got to be kidding me" - how is that move possible??? Well hopefully in 10 days time it will be possible and there will be no more wimpy little tears of frustration

Look forward to hearing your thoughts!!

Replies

• Kai85
    OHHHH... I loved the superman and the plank up up down down things.. favourite strength move of the whole DVD!! so there's my positive :):)

Another note - a friend once told me it takes 21 days to form a habit - we have successfully formed a habit!
  • ESP12
    ESP12 Posts: 118 Member
    To be honest, I DID look ahead a few days ago to mentally prepare myself. The result was that I pretty much agonized over how hard it would be. [today was my day 19, but D1 of L3]
    When I finally did it, it wasn't as hard as I imagined -now don't get me wrong, it WAS harder, but mostly cardio-harder I would say.
    I warned my shredding-friends-circle about the high impact jumps and to watch your knees on those.
    Basically I had to swallow my pride during several moves, and concede that this time Anita would be my girl. Ill have to work myself up to Natalie, as I had to in L2 at first.
    Most importantly we're still doing it (even if not yet well)
    -Elke
  • Kai85
    Hi Elke,

I did read your knee warning and am glad that you let us all know. I was still able to keep going I think my knee is getting stronger (I think it was more of a shock then anything!).

Yep despite not doing it well we're still getting it done :)
  • I did it, and I actually didn't burn as many calories as I thought i would (I wear a HRM). It was a good workout, though. 9 more days!
  • beckkotsch
    beckkotsch Posts: 482 Member
    Day 21 done for me also! I know it's only the first day doing level 3 but I have to say it's my favorite so far. I "enjoyed" doing every move. I hope that sticks! I also didn't burn very many cals either. We'll see what tomorrow brings!
  • BaDaSsBrUnEtTe
    BaDaSsBrUnEtTe Posts: 518 Member
    day 21 done. this is my second day of level three. i dont find it too much harder, i actually like it better than the last. but this morning my legs, back, and shoulders felt a tad sore, so i know its more intense for certain muscles. i actually was thinking of skipping today and just jogging, but after my jog i felt motivated to do it. doing the shred has actually made me look forward to working out. now exercise is a regular part of my daily routine. im very happy about that.
  • I don't know how that couldn't burn as many calories as the last two levels because that kicked my butt! I was sweating but I also tried my best to stay with Natalie as much as I could. Definitely my favorite level so far and I can't wait to see how much easier it gets for us because were getting stronger!!
  • ESP12
    ESP12 Posts: 118 Member
    [Day21=D3L3] getting better at it, but circuit 3 rockstar jumps take the LAST bit of juice... Oh yeah, the weighted, planked row/leg lift combo towards the end -brings me to my knees, no really, literally...HA! I shall conquer you before the 30 days are over.
    -Elke
  • determined1221
    determined1221 Posts: 139 Member
    This is my second day of Level 3 and oh my are my shoulders burning! I really really like feeling stronger every day. Its addictive :wink: