what weight lifting can do for women...

Options
kelseyhere
kelseyhere Posts: 1,123 Member
This is a great article (with pictures!) I hope all of you will check out. It proves it's not just the number on the scale, and that weight lifting is really the best way for women to get sexy, strong and still be able to eat!

http://nerdfitness.com/blog/2011/07/21/meet-staci-your-new-powerlifting-super-hero/

Replies

• carrie_eggo
    carrie_eggo Posts: 1,396 Member
    Options
    I've read this before. Love it! Glad you shared it.
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,985 Member
    Options
    I was thinking of going "Paleo" for 2012. I'm most of the way there (I avoid dairy and grains), I think. Is anyone else on a Paleo diet while doing Nrol4W?
  • mjawesome
    mjawesome Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Shyloh1
    Shyloh1 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    What a great awesome read!

Thanks for posting this!:flowerforyou:
  • BetterWithAge
    Options
    Oh yeah, gotta love Staci

I am curious about Paleo, not sure if I can go 100% right now. I did pick up a Paleo cookbook to get started. I try to stick with organic meat and veggies already, but my husband isn't on board. For now, baby steps for me. :)
  • erzille
    erzille Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing...I had seen this picture before in a forum..but did not know the whole story...
    I started NROL4W and love it!
  • Kymmu
    Kymmu Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    I've been Paleo since January this year. I highly recommend it, you won't look back.
    It will take about 3 months to get your head around it, and start new habits and cooking new dishes.
    I've completely converted and have broken my old habits.
    * more energy
    *better complexion
    * drop excess weight
    *flatter tummy

It's all good!
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    Congrats! I've been researching Paleo vs. Primal over the last little while. I don't eat MUCH dairy (and drink no dairy), but I do have yogurt from time-to-time and I have cheese from time-to-time, too.

So, I'm going to see if I can go full primal in 2012 and see what happens.

I *do* like a "sweet" to complete my meal. Right now, I chew gum after my lunch (5 cals!) and I have two cookies after my supper. What is a paleo/primal way of getting that (small) sweet hit to complete a meal??
  • jae6704
    jae6704 Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    bump for reading at home...
  • jamk1446
    jamk1446 Posts: 5,577 Member
    Options
    Congrats! I've been researching Paleo vs. Primal over the last little while. I don't eat MUCH dairy (and drink no dairy), but I do have yogurt from time-to-time and I have cheese from time-to-time, too.

So, I'm going to see if I can go full primal in 2012 and see what happens.

I *do* like a "sweet" to complete my meal. Right now, I chew gum after my lunch (5 cals!) and I have two cookies after my supper. What is a paleo/primal way of getting that (small) sweet hit to complete a meal??

I consider myself primal- I do have some dairy- mostly butter, cream, and sour cream and I avoid grains. I find a square of dark chocolate very satisfying where once I used to down handfuls of M&M's or kisses.
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    Thanks!

I won't be going full primal.

So, yep, chocolate is BACK ON THE MENU!!

And, yes, a square or two is all I need.
  • aregensb
    aregensb Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    What a great article!

I've also become more interested in the paleo diet, but I love my dairy. I'm a cheese snob and I don't think I could take it if I couldn't have my stinky stinky cheeses. Although I think I did read somewhere that aged cheeses are acceptable for paleo?

In any case, I don't think I could ever follow a full on paleo diet.
  • kelseyhere
    kelseyhere Posts: 1,123 Member
    Options
    I feel the same way about the paleo diet. It makes sense and I'm sure I'd be happy with the results, but I love, love, love cheese and I don't know if I could ever part with half-and-half in my coffee. I could *maybe* give up milk (almond is tolerable) but cheese, no way. Beer is also not on the paleo diet, lol, although I learned this weekend that tequila is (not sure why, maybe because it's from the agave plant?).

I'm trying to take lessons from the paleo diet, incorporating more meat, reducing carbs and dairy, but for now, not going all the way there. Maybe if I really get stuck and can't see change, I'll try it in the future.
  • ecrogers4
    ecrogers4 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Thank you Thank you Thank you for posting this article!!! I'm new to NROL4W and struggling a bit to come to terms with the whole eating more + working out less stuff... (but have recieved wonderful support from fellow "ROLers" here!) This article REALLY helped me put what this program is saying into perspective.

Thank you!! :drinker: