People Who Inspire

Options
Who, in your life, inspires you the most?

It doesn't have to be weight related.

Someone who pushes you to be the best you can be, either by example or because they motivate you with their full support.

~katie

Replies

• vaderandbill
    vaderandbill Posts: 1,063 Member
    Options
    My step father for treating my mother the way he does.

My MFP friend thinby40 because we are about the same age, live in Mass, are dedicated to our kids and constantly check on each other progress.

You, for inviting me to this group and for posting so much encouragement....I can't let the group down by not making my goals!
  • SherNY
    SherNY Posts: 87
    Options
    A few folks (I'm blessed!):
    Mom and circumstances taught me that you are not a product of where you are or have been, but rather what you are willing to strive to become. YOU decide what you do, when and with what type of attitude. No one else.
    My sister is an awesome inspiration! She worked so hard this past year to get healthy and did it in spectacular fashion.
  • katiebythebay
    katiebythebay Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    A few folks (I'm blessed!):
    Mom and circumstances taught me that you are not a product of where you are or have been, but rather what you are willing to strive to become. YOU decide what you do, when and with what type of attitude. No one else.
    My sister is an awesome inspiration! She worked so hard this past year to get healthy and did it in spectacular fashion.

I wish more people had this outlook. We wouldn't have some many bad situations in the news, if more people took responsibility for themselves.

Good for you looking up to your sister. I'm jealous, lol - I'm an only. 8-)

~katie

• lstnlondry
    lstnlondry Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    My father in law lived with us for his last 2 years of his life. He was 59 years old with an array of diseases/illnesses. He inspres me daily to not take my health for granted . I can climb hills, laugh with my kids, run with my dog and he can't. Since his passing I have tried hard to live my life to the fullest.
  • molissep
    molissep Posts: 452 Member
    Options
    my dad inspires me....he came to the USA from italy at 15, didn't speak or write any English and didn't finish high school here because of being bullied, yet he was determined to make a good life for himself. he worked in construction for 30 years, most of the time running his own business. in his early 50's he battled depression and succeeded. unfortunately he relapsed in his late 50's severely and ended up hospitalized for a year and lost everything he had worked for. yet, today he is one of the most positive, inspirational people i know and have ever known. he believes that everything happens for a reason and that you can overcome anything if you really want to. he's pretty awesome :smile:
  • lradatz
    lradatz Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    My family inspires me!!! My kids have so much energy and I want to be able to keep up. Looking good while doing so wouldn't hurt...
    But I was diagnosed with endotremetiosis when I was 19, but always in pain. I have had 3 children with a 10% chance of having my 1st one, 2 surgeries to make that happen(not that I was planning on having my kids so young and right after my surgery). Now I had to go get tests done this past wk, because my Dr found a pea sized lump in my right breast. Breast cancer runs on both sides of my family- My Grandma and Great Grandma on my Dads side had both breasts removed, and my Grandma on my moms side had lumps removed. So knowing they overcame and won cancer makes me think that I have a chance if what he found was in fact cancer.