Struggling with C2

Options
My weight loss was very slow during 2 cycles of C1. I first did C1 before the holidays, tried to continue throughout the holidays, gave up, and started again. I only seem to lose water weight at the beginning of the cycle. I chose to go on to C2, but am really struggling. I usually will try to take leftovers from the previous night for lunch, but that is not really working as all starches need to be consumed prior to 2. You see, even after C1, my cravings for starches and sugar did not go away.

I am asking for help. Should I go back to C1? Should I try to continue with C2 and, if so, what is the best way to do it? Or should I just go on to C3 and try to follow it for a very long time, hoping I will lose? No, before you ask, I am not exercising...I try to do it, I think about doing it, but I am so tired after an 11 hr day that I can't seem to get it done. There is no time before work, especially in the winter.

Don't know what to do. So frustrated and upset.

Replies

• DonnaLFitz
    DonnaLFitz Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Are you on any medications that could be affecting your metabolism? Are you exercising at all?

I found that on C2 I did NOT lose much weight at all. And any starches, any time of day only create more cravings for starch.

Your physical cravings should have disappeared after the first week of C1. Were you religious in not eating them? I look through some people's diaries, and though they say they aren't eating them, they actually are. It's important to go cold turkey on them for the first cycle.

Which starches are you craving? Which treats? What time of day? I personally have a problem with the transitional period between 4 and 6pm. This is when I usually want to termite my way through all of the junk food in my kitchen.

I found that by adding an Atkins bar at 4pm (on my drive home from work) that I no longer have the need to snack heavily before dinner.

I also am a chocoholic. So I built in a daily chocolate dessert (usually an ice cream bar of some sort) as a reward for being good that day, and also as a way for reinforcing my belief that I am not being deprived.

I think you are feeling deprived. If you want, I can work with you a bit more (privately). Send me a message with your favorite foods list -- what you would normally eat in the course of a day or week. Tie your meal and snack times to your daily schedule. Tell me who else you cook for or eat with.

Maybe I can make some further suggestions.

Most of all, don't give up! You can do this. There is probably one simple thing that is tripping you up. If we can identify that, you should be good to go.
  • Burlesque12
    Burlesque12 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    I agree with Donna...you gotta go cold turkey for at least a week to make the carb cravings go away. If you honestly have been to the T, then you need to visit Dr.
    Snacking on them veggies and low sodium meats to keep from going hungry and wanting to scarf the whole kitchen. I tend to keep coming back to C1 because when I try C2, I get hooked on the carbs. Im not ready to move on.
    You can totally do this! Dont give up. You oughtta take Donnas offer to help more. Its not everyday that someone offers that. I wish you much success ! Where theres a will, theres a way. One day at a time .
  • Janey82
    Janey82 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Well first you should finish cycle 2 even if you haven't lost that much weight. I don't think you're suppose to lose as much in cycle 2 and 3 like you did in the first cycle anyway. I think once you finish cycle 2 just go on to cycle 3. If you still haven't reached your goal then instead of going to the last cycle, go back to the first cycle and start over again. The whole point for these cycles is to keep your metabolism on its toes. If you stay too long on a cycle eventually it will plateau and you definitely won't be losing weight. You also have to make sure you're sticking to the food list for each cycle. And you also mentioned not exercising...well you're definitely not going to lose weight the way you want to if you don't exercise. I know about 11 hr days because I'm usually up at 4 in the morning and I don't get back home until 3 in the afternoon. I get tired too, but I make sure I get in some form of exercise in. Even just walking around your living room or something for a half hour is fine. It's not great, but it's good enough.