Week 1, Day 1

Options
How did it go?

Replies

• MeRevisitedAgain
    MeRevisitedAgain Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    It freaking sucks. I don't like it. Tony talks to darn much..lol. I can't do half a pull up, chin up, reverse up or nothing. BUT...I am going to stick with this. I want to see where this takes me.
  • i_want_2_be_a_loser
    Options
    I did Core Synergistics today and boy was it hard. I think this is one of my least favorite p90x workouts. LOL! I did all my pushups on my knees, and tried my best to modify the workouts I couldn't really do. Even though I could have pushed myself a bit harder, I'm still proud of myself for getting through Day 1! :)
  • i_want_2_be_a_loser
    Options
    It freaking sucks. I don't like it. Tony talks to darn much..lol. I can't do half a pull up, chin up, reverse up or nothing. BUT...I am going to stick with this. I want to see where this takes me.

There's an option to mute Tony on all his p90x dvds. It's okay that you can't do half a pull, chin up or reverse up. As long as you tried. I can't do those either. Always think positive.
  • WassBoss15
    WassBoss15 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Good job guys!

I got my delivery in the mail this morning and was SO excited to start. As soon as I put the DVD in my laptop it was automatically ejected out b/c my macbook can't read them! I tried a million times(restarted the laptop), but still nothing. I was quite disappointed. I'm a student leasing an apt for one month in a new city so I don't have a proper tv/dvd set-up at this place. Luckily, this place has a small TV(it's almost the size of a big computer desktop screen) and there IS a DVD player, but no wiring! So I'm going to have to go out today(while I do my P90X nutrition plan groceries) and get the audio/video cables so I can watch the DVDs. I ordered mine from BeachBody so I don't know why they're not working, but I checked msg boards and other people have had similar problems with the DVDs.

I was excited about doing it this morning since I was off today, but I guess I'll just do it later this evening or tonight. I will definitely post my thoughts.
  • cfourca33
    Options
    I have a flu bug so am hoping to start as soon as I'm feeling better, since I'm doing classic maybe I will double up to make up for what I'm missing.
  • cfourca33
    Options

I put it on que only and turn up my music!! Then you only hear Tony when you need to :smile:
  • DKBelle
    DKBelle Posts: 585
    Options
    Hey all,
    I am planning to do Chest and Back workouts today and I just saw that there is a 16 min of AB Ripper part at the end of this workout. How many of you are doing the whole DVD ?
  • dedication6
    dedication6 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Today was great!! I did Chest/Back/Ab. I can't wait til tomorrow morning! Plyo, my fav.

I can't do a pull up either, and can barely do a push up (on my knees even), but I'm pretty sure if I stick with it I should be able to do at least one version of each by day 90.

I am doing the ab ripper at the end, because it's part of the work out for the day. Just modify some of the moves if they're too difficult right now.

Hope everyone has a rewarding day 2!
  • kkarst
    kkarst Posts: 11
    Options
    I will be doing core synergistics tomorrow morning. I am on my break then I move into round phase 2.
  • ilikejam33
    ilikejam33 Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    Completed week three of phase one today! Woo Hoo!!!

Congrats to everyone whp started today, remember the first 2 weeks are the toughest, do what you can and modify the rest, the key is to write everything down, i cant believe how much i have improved in just a short time, i could do only 2-3 pushups then the rest on my knees, now i can do 7, still cant do a pull up but have moved from 10 to 20 with the magenta resisitance bands, time to go to the green one.
  • DKBelle
    Options
    Just finished with the 1st workout :) Wasn't that bad ( I remembered worst probably because when I 1st started it I never worked out before unlike now and I also had an extra 25lbs on lol).
    Chest, Back Week 1/ Day 1 completed
    I still have to do the ABS part of it, but I felt that I must take a break between as my arms are dead :P I used 15lbs of weight.
  • yippeeskippee
    Options
    I woke up with the stomach flu and I'm still battling with it. I'm so disappointed! I hope tomorrow I'm in good enough condition to start. Good job to everyone who completed day 1!
  • mrshmiller9
    Options
    Completed! Chest&back, and ab ripper x :)
    Some things I learned:
    Need heavier weights
    Need tighter band
    And I can out workout my hubby ;-)
    Ab ripper is killer!!!

I actually like this program! I'm hoping results follow :)
  • DKBelle
    Options
    Just finished the Abs workout from the 1st DVD. I must tell you guys that it was nothing compare to Turbofire ABS workout :) I might moderate this part of the P90X.
  • Arbright
    Arbright Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    1 word: ow! Looking forward to plyo tomorrow :)
  • jdawg1105
    jdawg1105 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Day 1. I am think holy hell I already am sore what am I going to feel like in 5 hours when I have to get up for work
  • MeRevisitedAgain
    MeRevisitedAgain Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I'm proud of you too. Way to go.
  • Rayjewls
    Rayjewls Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I did Core Synergistics today and boy was it hard. I think this is one of my least favorite p90x workouts. LOL! I did all my pushups on my knees, and tried my best to modify the workouts I couldn't really do. Even though I could have pushed myself a bit harder, I'm still proud of myself for getting through Day 1! :)

This^^ had to force myself to do it...11:30 pm....thank God for this group...wouldn't have done it without y'all. :)
  • Keely012012
    Keely012012 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I did chest and back and ab ripper. I used the bands for pull ups. I could not do for the life of me the push ups, especially the military ones. lol I had to do girl push ups and i could only do 6-8. It was hard and i was out of it by the time i finished. But everyday I'll just keep trying until I get better one!. Good luck everyone on trying your best everyday!
  • dedication6
    dedication6 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Just finished with the 1st workout :) Wasn't that bad ( I remembered worst probably because when I 1st started it I never worked out before unlike now and I also had an extra 25lbs on lol).
    Chest, Back Week 1/ Day 1 completed
    I still have to do the ABS part of it, but I felt that I must take a break between as my arms are dead :P I used 15lbs of weight.

I noticed the same thing. Last summer when I tried this I was 20 lbs heavier, the ab ripper was the part I hated. My spare tire was in the way the whole time!! Now it's so much easier without it!!