What foods can you NOT do with out?

Options
mrFerris
mrFerris Posts: 122 Member
Guys, I was wondering what foods you may have had to give up, or at least reduce.

For me it's bread. I just absolutely love bread. Freshly baked, still warm from the bakers. Especially tiger bread. (Don't know if you guys have that in the USA). I have gone from maybe 4 - 6 slices per day to 4 - 6 slices per week and it is killing me.

So what is your 'little tipple' in the food cupboard?

Replies

• blazergrad
    blazergrad Posts: 603 Member
    Options
    For me it's been the sweet tooth ... particularly chocolate. I haven't completely given it up, but like you, have cut way back.
  • nikkicormier82
    nikkicormier82 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    CHIPS!!!!! it's my weakness...and i had some yesterday for the first time in 20 days...as well as beer. I went on a ski trip this weekend and cheated alot,(breakfast buffet, booze, and pizza) but the snowboarding burned tons of cals:)
  • katiebythebay
    katiebythebay Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    Guys, I was wondering what foods you may have had to give up, or at least reduce.

For me it's bread. I just absolutely love bread. Freshly baked, still warm from the bakers. Especially tiger bread. (Don't know if you guys have that in the USA). I have gone from maybe 4 - 6 slices per day to 4 - 6 slices per week and it is killing me.

So what is your 'little tipple' in the food cupboard?

My father makes HOMEMADE steamin' fresh out of the oven bread. I can't resist it, if I happen to walk in at just the right time!

Pasta, seafood and mexican food are my downfalls... Gotta remember "PORTIONS, PORTIONS, PORTIONS."

Sometimes it works, sometimes, not so much. 8-(

~katie
  • MellieR
    MellieR Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Dairy! Including cheese and butter (which should probably both go in the fats category). I had a recommendation recently to limit my dairy to two a day - that's going to be tough - I love my cereal in the AM and then I'll have to choose between yogurt for snack or a glass of milk later. But, milk is one of my go-tos when I'm not feeling "satisfied". Rather than eat everything in sight, usually a glass of milk takes care of it for me.
  • molissep
    molissep Posts: 452 Member
    Options
    i have a horrrrrible sweet tooth. i can skip right over the chips, bread and all of that other good stuff, but offer me dessert and it's all over lol i've been subsituting the good stuff for sugar free puddings, jello w/sugar free whip topping and fruit. so far so good!
  • Gribbish
    Options
    Potatoes. Last time I made roast with potatoes, I ate way too many (was before this diet) I figured out later that it was about 12 servings. (At the time, I just called it 2 servings... shows how far off my idea of portion sizes was)
  • fisherlassie
    fisherlassie Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    Sugar. I can't do it in moderation. White flour does the same thing. Cravings are too strong so I don't have anything to do with it except if I go out for lunch at the pub i have Steak and mushroom pie with puff pastry (only every few weeks). Hey! Is that moderation? Woo hoo! NSV!
  • Victoria2448
    Victoria2448 Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    Whole bricks of cheese with crackers!:smile:
  • uniquewrapz
    uniquewrapz Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Dairy and potatoes! I've cut down drastically on both....
  • cramernh
    cramernh Posts: 3,335 Member
    Options
    List of foods I had to give up for medical reasons:
    potatoes
    rice
    corn
    pasta
    white flour
    bleached/processed flours
    most full fat dairy items
    all prepackaged preprocessed, frozen-related meals and food-stuffs - bad reaction to sodium alternative additives, preservatives and chemicals.... my lips as of today, finally healed.

Courgettes and spaghetti squash are two items that have helped me and I cannot be without.....
  • queenpushycat
    queenpushycat Posts: 761 Member
    Options
    eggs.
  • SherNY
    SherNY Posts: 87
    Options
    pasta is the big one for me along with finding ways to cut back on the stuff I put in my morning coffee.
  • Kissybiz
    Kissybiz Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    I love chips, but cant stop with just one, so I haven't had them. Plus I've really been tracking my sodium. Reading labels pretty much cuts the craving. It's amazing how much sodium is in everything when you start paying attention.. no wonder I was so bloated all the time!