New Beginning

Options
My name is Alice and I am 272 pounds... for now. I recently found a song that inspired me to make a fresh start and encourage others to do the same. Here we will post our accomplishments and our struggles. Someone will be there for you to lean on and vice versa.
If you are new to the group, friend me and tell us a little about yourself below.
Good Luck Everyone!

Replies

• Itsallbs15
    Itsallbs15 Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    Hi Alice, I'm Brenda. I am looking for a new group to join. I have been on MFP for quite awhile but am still struggling with my weight and my choices. I have about 20 pounds to lose and it seems to be the worst. I just re-located to a new state where I don't know anyone and it is taking its toll. I am not in a position right now to have a gym membership so I am looking for alternate ways to lose weight. I am motivated if nothing else. I try to do some sort of activity everyday even if that consists of calf raises or an ab workout at my desk. I just left my last group due to lack of participation. We started with over 100 people and it ended up only being me and one other girl posting everyday.

What do you want to do with this group? Are you going post a daily chat thread? Weekly weigh-ins? Give weekly sub-challenges?
  • Ladylori1975
    Ladylori1975 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Hi Alice and Brenda! My name is Lori. I am new to MFP and am looking for support! The name grabbed my attention because I have recently been trying to train to become a fitness instructor for Sh'Bam- a dance cardio workout and one of my favorite songs plus the dance choreography is Run the World, Girls! A year and a half ago I was 35 lbs heavier just getting off 6 months of bed rest because of a severe medical condition. I was at an all time low..spiritually, physically, and emotionally! I have since joined a gym, lost my 35 lbs..needing to lose another 30..and have strengthen my mind, spirit, and body. It has taken a long time! Doing exercise isn't really a problem for me anymore however diet is! I crave sweets and carbs so much. So a friend at the gym recommended this site to keep better track of what I put into my body. I'm still trying to figure out how to use this site as far as adding people and tracking certain foods and exercise. Not sure where I can manually put things in..so any tips would be great. Please add me as your friend and read over my profile if you have the time to learn more specifics. Hopefully my story can inspire you a little.
    Brenda if you need some tips on exercises you can do message me. I'm not sure what you are already doing and what you are looking to work on...stomach? hips? legs? Take care ladies and I wish you the best of luck on obtaining your goals!
  • firealiceice
    firealiceice Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    With this I want to build up a group of women who are proud to be women. Since I go to school full time, I don't always have the time to post daily chat threads, but i promise to do so when I can. Weekly weigh-ins are good, but there's no pressure to be able to get to an accurate scale. Weekly sub challenges are fun and I'll try to post one or two every week to shake things up and keep you motivated!
    Hope you decide to join us!
  • firealiceice
    Options
    i'm glad you were able to reach your goal! I'm at a plateau at the moment and am trying to push my body through it as gently as possible. I go to school full time, so it's hard to eat right and exercise daily, but i still manage to get my hour in- and more! I'm here for support and feel free to ask me anything!
  • Jazzi2012
    Options
    Hi Ladies, I'm Val. I am actually not new to MFP but I deleted my old profile and started a new one on today because I reached by initial goal when first joining and wanted a new starting point without being reminded of where I was. For me, looking back can be a hinderance because I will question how I got there and make excuses due to circumstances of life (work, kids, etc) rather than acknowledging negligence of making myself a priority. I also didn't want to get caught up in allowing the successfulness of reaching this goal to be an excuse if I get off track. I don't want to say "I gained XXX, but it's ok bc I'm not back up to XXX".
  • LilysMom28
    LilysMom28 Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    Hi girls!! I'm April. I've been on MFP for a little while now. Lost my first 10 pounds. I have another 10 to go and a whole lot of toning to do!!! I fell off the band wagon over the holidays but i'm back. I really really really want to buy a two piece swim suit this summer. So that's what I keep focusing on!! :)

Good luck to everyone on each step of your weight loss journey!!!
  • Letty_c
    Letty_c Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    Hi girls,

I'm Collett I've been on MFP for awhile lost 10 lbs around the holidays I gained them all back..... Have to say that did depress me a little and I haven't lost anything since. I use to be athletic not in perfect shape, but better than I am now when me and my hubby moved. we learned the city we moved to we didn't like but we can't leave till he gets a promotion. Surprisingly our city has pollution cause of the valley which means I've been constantly sick. and I still have no friends cause there are two different extreme types of people here and I have yet to find anybody in the middle where I am..... most people think I'm weird...... oooooo well at least I get to go back home sometimes to see my old friends....... anyway there's my sad sob story :) I would like to find a group where I can find some more motivation and help others with their journey.
  • Kristena2009
    Kristena2009 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Hey Girls! Ive been on MFP on and off and dropped weight and gained back fast. I only have about 23 pounds to lose left but its been hard for me to stay motivated. This weight loss and gain is giving me stretch marks not to mention my back and forth with fitting into my favorite outfits. I like the title of this group because beyonce is basically the female empowerment ambassador. I love watching that video while I work out. its so motivating!
  • Itsallbs15
    Itsallbs15 Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    Letty~ Do you by chance live in Phoenix, AZ? I just moved here and the pollution is unreal and the people are very odd! Just wondering,

Welcome top the group everyone!
  • firealiceice
    Options
    Thanks and good luck to you too! I'm always happy to have new friends, so feel free to add me! :)
  • firealiceice
    Options
    You've come to the right place! We're all here for the same reason and are happy to help!
  • firealiceice
    Options
    That's why I chose the title! to motivate you to dance the weight off! It worked for me for a while until my freshman year of school when i gained it all back.
  • visionairess
    Options
    Hi Alice, GM Ladies!!!

I'm Wendy (aka Visionairess) I joined MFP about 16 days ago now... The last time I weighed myself (Dec 28th 2011) I was 220lbs and I'm hoping to get down to at least 185 (eventuallY) but I want to get to 200lbs first.

I live in Toronto and I'm looking for daily inspiration and hope to give aspiration to any of you if I can.

I started working out with Tae Bo from Jan 1st 2012 and I love it. I haven't weighed myself since I started my new lifestyle change but I'm measuring myself at least once a week. I don't go to the gym, I prefer working out at home as I have two little babies at home as well so it makes it difficult to get out some times.

I got many great workout ideas from Youtube.com that I try at times to challenge myself... chk them out ladies, and I wish you all great success with your weight loss goals.:laugh:
  • visionairess
    Options
    Good Luck Lilysmom!! I hope to get into a new bathing suit too this summer.. I am so motivated.. NO EXCUSES :bigsmile:
  • molissep
    molissep Posts: 452 Member
    Options
    hi all!

my name is phyllis and i'm new to the group. like all of you i'm looking for a supportive group to share my experiences with and learn about fitness and nutrition with. over the last year i had lost 43 lbs, then between august and december i got lazy and put 20 lbs back on. i'm at a 34 lb loss now and haven't felt this good in so long. during january i worked out everyday, minus my fiance's bday and when we had a snow storm. it was a good month. february is going to be pretty much the same game, except i'm going to give myself sunday's to rest.

i also started another group for 2012 brides as i'll be getting married in october. the group is going well, but no too much participaction so it's a little disheartening.

looking forward to getting to know you all :smile:
  • LilysMom28
    Options
    Good Luck Lilysmom!! I hope to get into a new bathing suit too this summer.. I am so motivated.. NO EXCUSES :bigsmile:

Thanks!! We can do this!!!! :happy:
  • LilysMom28
    Options

i also started another group for 2012 brides as i'll be getting married in october. the group is going well, but no too much participaction so it's a little disheartening.

looking forward to getting to know you all :smile:

Yea!! Congrats!! Time will probably fly by!!! You will be a beautiful bride!!! :smile: