Day 2

Options
Well, I did the Kickboxing last night and boy, was that a workout! Where does she get all the energy! I feel great this morning even with the sore muscles. Hope that everyone is having a good day! Good luck!

Replies

• AnastasiaMarieA
    AnastasiaMarieA Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I did the Kickboxing and because I was still alive I decided to add in the Abs today! The jumping jacks and fast feet at the end were crazy!
  • mamakate3
    Options
    I just love the kickboxing!! And getting it done first thing in the morning was great. Its a nice break before lower body tomorrow...I have been doing Chris's workouts for a couple months (although this is the first time I will go through the whole challenge) using exercise tv on demand and OH MAN i am NOT looking forward to lower body tomorrow! Adding the abs in today was smart! Maybe I will sneak that in later today.
  • AnastasiaMarieA
    Options
    The lower body one tomorrow is BRUTAL! Thank god it's only 20 minutes.
  • debdevero
    Options
    I got so much energy from the kickboxing - this morning - I love the hgh kicks! Day 3 - here I come.....
  • mamakate3
    Options
    Hey ladies, wanted to ask how you logged yesterdays workout? I have always logged Chris's cardio kick video as Kickboxing (including Turbo Jam), which says I burned 462 calories in 40 minutes...seems kind of high and the people on facebook were saying they burned closer to 300 calories.....what are your thoughts?
  • debdevero
    Options
    With no scientific reasoning - I have chosen 350 calories for each extreme workout.......it is just an estimate on my part. - what do you others count?
  • AnastasiaMarieA
    Options
    I wear a heart rate monitor because I want to KNOW how many calories I am burning up! So far this has been what my is saying:

Total Body + Bonus Buns= 432
    Cardio KickBoxing + Bonus Abs= 366
    Lower Body + Abs=406
  • misslyssa319
    misslyssa319 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    self.com has a good burn calculator. I also use wedmd. most give pretty much the same numbers and I usually lowball the number. plus it depends on your body and how much effort you put out. some days I will use extra weights and others i'm just trying to get through it! when I log I always make my own so I know it's correct for me. since I've done the 10lb slim down before the workouts are already set to my specifications. takes a little extra effort but takes out the guessing. only worry about your numbers.
  • lablovr108
    lablovr108 Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    I wear a HRM and have been doing these workouts since December.

Day 1 - 426 calories burned
    Day 2 - 333 calories burned

I love the kickboxing. I saw on FB that some people, including Chris, are using weighted gloves. I am going to look for those this weekend.

I am dreading tonight's workout. The lower body extreme is tough!

Good luck ladies!!
  • mamakate3
    Options
    Yeah i know I should be using a HRM...I do have one but its not the greatest quality. Ill start using it though. Thanks Ladies! Keep up the good work, you are very motivating!
  • AnastasiaMarieA
    Options
    I love the kickboxing. I saw on FB that some people, including Chris, are using weighted gloves. I am going to look for those this weekend.

I am dreading tonight's workout. The lower body extreme is tough!

Good luck ladies!!

Thank you for reminding me about this! I am going to use them the next time it comes up.

Yes the lower body is TOUGH! I was fine until I remembered that I had to do the circuit again....:noway:
  • misslyssa319
    misslyssa319 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    i do kickboxing with 2lb hand weights. i picked up the habit doing tae bo and stuck with it. i don't think i could do the gloves 'cus i like the option of putting the weights down if i want and not having to stop to do it.
  • Sepheriel
    Options
    I just joined myfitnesspal and love it!!!!! With the calorie burn per workout, it depends on your weight. I use several workout calculators which are pretty accurate. I usually do 2 of the 40 minute workouts each day because I have lost so much weight (about 100 lbs so far) that I need more cardio at this point to reach my goal (about 40 more pounds to go). My biggest challenge at this stage is not going over my daily calorie count ... I do great all day but have a hard time after dinner (ugh lol).