Has your weight ever affected you personally or professional

Options
dredrake1
dredrake1 Posts: 47 Member
Not so much professionally but personally. People always come up to me trying to be nice. Today someone said,"I just wanted to tell you that you look like Barry White you know cause of your face" I smiled because I know it came from a good place but in my mind I was like b!t@h please.

Replies

• fieldsbean
    Options
    BWAHAHAHAH.. you are a funny dude. thanks for being nice and not snapping at her!
  • dredrake1
    dredrake1 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    it was at work but I would have been nice anyway, I think lol
  • 140tohealthy
    Options
    6 years ago when I was still in high school a girl in my dance class said I looked pregnant. I called her an anorexic something-that-starts-with-a-C... It wasn't a high point in my life. Unfortunately, my weight has fluctuated all through life, particularly the last few years, since it's been so unstable, what with moving about 10 times. Here's to hoping this last time has stuck!
  • satanslovechild
    Options
    i worked in a cafe in a gym and the boss really didnt like "big" girls his idea of good workers was skinny blonde dumb as a mule with a personality of a fingernail.... needless to say i felt like utter crap everytime i walked in especially when workmates would comment on the members being ugly n fat....i mean jesus they joined to change the way they looked and ur supposed to support them not take their money n diss them.
    i left the job but it wasnt due to my weight it was their attutudes towards others that made me want to leave, like working in a toxic enviroment and i didnt want to catch their nasty personality bug!
  • Kirsti225
    Options
    you go girl!
  • Kirsti225
    Options
    I have to say my weight really has affected everything for me. I mean I got a good job now that is judgmental about it but i have had a few that were. In the more personal setting it has really brought me down and made it difficult for me because people judge my size and not me.
  • MsGrayCat5
    MsGrayCat5 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    It started when I was a child. I remember taking ballet and one of the kids said that I looked pregnant. So much for ballet.

I am just now getting back in the "job market" and know that it won't be as easy. Who wants to hire a "fat" lady? Their lazy! That's what I'm thinking. When I was looking for work in the other different states, I was a size 6-8 and had no problem finding a job.