Water bottles

Options
2»

Replies

• trijoe
    trijoe Posts: 729 Member
    Options
    Fuel belt for me. It keeps my hands free, plus it has pockets for nutrition, keys, phone, etc. I sweat a lot, so for really long runs, I keep water bottles in a chilled cooler in the car, then do some form of circuits. It takes away the joy of going out and discovering things, but it's better than dehydrating.
  • cowgirlslikeus86
    cowgirlslikeus86 Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    I hated my waist belts at first. It took me along time to get comfortable with something around my waist. I have a small waist and big hips, so it was hard to find a spot where is doesnt bounce around so much. I tend to wear it around my natural waist. When I am really thin I can wear it down around my hip bones and it stays nicly.I have 2. One waist pack with 2 20 oz bottels and lots of storage and an ironman one that has a 22 oz. bottel. Its better for shorter long runs:) The first few miles you will feel it but as you drink more it gets alot lighter till you hardly notice it.
  • bshedwick
    bshedwick Posts: 659 Member
    Options
    I recieved a Nathan Quickdraw Elite for Christmas. I had not actually used it until this morning. Love it. Stays in place really well. Will take a little getting used to, but I felt so much better afterwards, b/c I was hydrating throughout my run.
  • sunleigh
    sunleigh Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I have the amphipod full tilt air-stretch

http://www.runningwarehouse.com/descpage-AFTASV.html

I can not carry anything in my hand also I got this because I was using a spi belt and figured the stretch band would be comfy
    Like the belt. It is I really do not even feel it

I am a water junkie when running though I need to have it. Only thing I do not like is the pop on the bottle. Wish I could change that out
  • guidnca
    Options
    I use hand held bottles or I make treks around places that have water or stash it in bushes.

Main thing go to a store that sells them, try them on. Walk around the store with them on. You look like an idiot, but hey you are spending money on yourself. Who cares what you look like...you look better than some dude on this board with bloody nipples!!!!:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Do what is comfortable for you. I have friends who wear belts. I would never wear one. The hand helds are problematic because of water temp, too hot or too cold. So, choose the encumberance that will propel you for further miles.