Jillians plan?! Or 30 days straight?!

Options
2fit4fat
2fit4fat Posts: 559 Member
just wondering who is following jillians real plan for 30 DS and who is just doing 30 days straight?!

Replies

• lauehorn
    lauehorn Posts: 183
    Options
    just wondering who is following jillians real plan for 30 DS and who is just doing 30 days straight?!

What is the "real" plan? I thought 10 days in a row at each level was the real plan. :ohwell:
  • MystiqueASAP
    Options

What is the "real" plan? I thought 10 days in a row at each level was the real plan. :ohwell:

I believe JM plan per week is 2 days 30DS, 1 day cardio, 1 day rest, 2 days 30DS, and 1 day rest.

I'm not following that plan per se... I am doing 5 days 30DS, 1 day cardio, 1 day rest or yoga. I figure that is enough time for me to get over being bored of the same routine. Today was my rest/yoga day and now I am actually looking forward to 30DS again. I was ready to give up 30DS altogether if I had to try to get through 10 days of the same routine in a row; I just needed variety and a little rest.
  • omma_to_3
    omma_to_3 Posts: 3,265 Member
    Options
    I'd like to know her real plan too. I hurt my knees so need to take a break and it's now obvious I can't do it everyday.
  • 2fit4fat
    2fit4fat Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    You are right about her plan :-) I was doing it straight as well (against my grain since I did take some weight lifting classes etc before I decided to be a stay at home mommy.. but since things are always changing I just figured it had changed again since its been years)
    NOW I am going to do her plan I think. I want to do it the right way.. I honestly cant figure out where the whole ten days of one level ten of the next etc comes from.. my DVD just says do a level until you feel you can move up. no mention of amounts of days or anything lol
  • ashtonscoggins
    ashtonscoggins Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I didnt know that was her plan for it!! I was just doing it everyday. I guess ill do the next ten days how Jillian wants!
  • cookie241
    cookie241 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Up to now i've been doing it five days, mon through to fri, and then took the weekend off. Really i don't think it essentially matters how you do it so long as if you feel able to you can combine it with other things too. Also if you are too sore to do it one day then don't feel bad about having a rest day. Anyone who can do it 30 days in a row without a break seems amazing to me.

That is why i have always given up in the past, because i felt like i had gone wrong by having rest days so eventually i just thought its not going to work properly anyway and gave up. I have just completed level one day 9 and i will do day ten tomorrow, if i can over the weekend i might start level 2, but then again i might leave it till mon, but will not feel guilty if i do lol. I already feel like it is making a difference though and will be measuring tomorrow.
  • seattle_chick
    Options
    Good info! Last time, I did 30 days straight and was planning to do the same this time around. But, last time, I was also in more of an "all or nothing" frame of mind. I'm going to start going by the plan outlined here from this point forward. I like that it's much more sustainable for the long term. I really want to lose weight but I also am a lot more serious about making life-long changes to stay healthy once I reach my goal weight - so, I guess there's no need for me to make it a race to 30 days. :)

Where did you find the info for Jillian's plan?
  • Katrob9
    Katrob9 Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    The 10 days at each level came from it being the way I did it last time and found it worked for me. There were a group doing the 30 days straight because one girl said it was a good way to get good results.

I'm doing it every day because it works for me, everyone can do it at their own pace.
  • slimmerchick
    slimmerchick Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    If there was another way of doing it wouldn't it say so on the cover or in her introduction?

I was doing it every day, but have had three breaks -and have just had 2 days off, hope I can get back into it - but I really struggle with L2 - I have done it for 8 days so might go on to L3.