Pamper ME!

Options
Pampering ideas:

1.Hot baths (oils, aromatherapy oils, Epsom salts (if sore), bubbles)

2.Self tanner foams/creams- adding a nice glow to your skin and make you feel healthier and brighten you mood

3.Give Yourself a manicure, or pedicure. http://just-for-mom.kaboose.com/your-gorgeous-manicure.html
http://just-for-mom.kaboose.com/diy-pedicure-tips.html

4.Go to a spa/salon and get a service done.

5.Give yourself a facial, or deep conditioner treatment for your hair

What is your favorite way that you like to pamper yourself?????? Please share

Replies

• MollyDukes
    MollyDukes Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    2.Self tanner foams/creams- adding a nice glow to your skin and make you feel healthier and brighten you mood

[/quote]

Maybe it is just me but I did one of those creams that helps give a natural tan....it started coming off in blotches. Has this happened to anyone else? If not tell me what to buy because I am very pailed skin. Please LOL

February is a month of Love. Tehehe..February 3rd I celebrate 8 yrs since my first date with hubby.

It would be nice to find time to sit down and read in piece and quiet.
    I will think of more when I am not so tired.
  • Sherie13
    Sherie13 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Yeah no self tanner for me! Ha ha ha! I have my daddy to thank for that one. I love to get a massage but I rarely do it. Usually pampering myself means opening a nice bottle of WINE but that just adds calories. My gym has a sauna which is nice to go in sometimes!
  • sofaking6
    sofaking6 Posts: 4,589 Member
    Options
    I belong to Massage Envy and get a massage every 6 weeks, but it's generally a very deep-tissue therapeutic type and not real relaxing lol.

I love LUSH...oh, do I ever love LUSH... I order face masks and lotion bars and bath stuff and hair treatments and whenever a box comes in it's GO TIME!
  • GouchisGirl
    GouchisGirl Posts: 321 Member
    Options

Maybe it is just me but I did one of those creams that helps give a natural tan....it started coming off in blotches. Has this happened to anyone else? If not tell me what to buy because I am very pailed skin. Please LOL

February is a month of Love. Tehehe..February 3rd I celebrate 8 yrs since my first date with hubby.

[/quote]

Self tanner is AWESOME!!!! lol I don't lay out in the sun very often, but despise being ghostly white so I use it. I have found that some turn orange and blotchy, but I have found a couple that are super. Banana Boat and Nutrogena foam work great. There are a couple of key tips though to making it turn out even....

1. EXFOLIATE!!!! Always give your body a good "buff" prior to application!
    2. Make sure your skin isn't dry.
    3. Rub in circles
    4. Be careful of knees, ankles, elbows, and neck
    5. Don't put your clothes on, or get in bed, until it is dry, and don't cross your legs or arms for atleast an hour lol
    6. If you have a sensitive face, there is tanning cream specifically for your face. I'm really sensative, but have not found the body tanner to be a problem.
  • GouchisGirl
    GouchisGirl Posts: 321 Member
    Options

Self tanner is AWESOME!!!! lol I don't lay out in the sun very often, but despise being ghostly white so I use it. I have found that some turn orange and blotchy, but I have found a couple that are super. Banana Boat and Nutrogena foam work great. There are a couple of key tips though to making it turn out even....

3. Rub in circles
    5. Don't put your clothes on, or get in bed, until it is dry, and don't cross your legs or arms for atleast an hour lol
    6. If you have a sensitive face, there is tanning cream specifically for your face. I'm really sensative, but have not found the body tanner to be a problem.
    [/quote]

PS. Make sure that you have someone around to do your back after atleast the 2nd or 3rd app, and don't forget the back of your neck especially if you wear your hair up lol
  • starcrystal3
    starcrystal3 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Lately my 'treat' to myself has been new clothes. My old ones don't fit anymore and getting a new pair of jeans or shirt to show off my progress really makes me smile :)
  • MollyDukes
    Options

3. Rub in circles

PS. Make sure that you have someone around to do your back after atleast the 2nd or 3rd app, and don't forget the back of your neck especially if you wear your hair up lol
    [/quote]

Thanks Angie. Lol
  • theresabugx
    theresabugx Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    The self tanner i use and really love is: jergens natural glow foaming daily moisturizer.
    a good trick is to rub the foam/lotion until it feels like it is abosorbed into the skin, youll still need time to dry before getting dressed!
  • MollyDukes
    Options
    Okay, good to know...thank you! :smile: