X2 Shoulders & Arms

Options
edorice
edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
Loved loved loved this workout. We moved our workouts around this week, so i believe this is a day early. Tony has three sections of the same workouts, so of course by the third time around you know what weight is best and how to balance yourself. He uses some stability ball moves, but nothing to have you crashing to the floor.

Only annoying thing on this DVD is that he has one dude (a musician) singing a couple of times. Tony is his regular upbeat, happy, goofy and rich self in this DVD. :tongue:

Replies

• ecp2698
    ecp2698 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    Thanks for posting! I was curious how it was, I have not previewed it yet. I loved arms and shoulders from the first X, so was hopeful I would like this one, too.

I set it up, thinking I was supposed to do it today, but realized it is a rest day and I plan on going running later anyway. I am not 100% sure why a rest day is thrown in two days after the week starts.
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Options
    I wasn't trying to do a rest day today. We ended up doing Yoga and Ab Ripper X2 yesterday. My husband is taking a martial arts class Monday and Thursday nights, so I figured he needed some down time/stretch Tuesday morning. It's hard for me to do a complete rest day in the middle of the week.
  • ecp2698
    Options
    Did this workout this morning, I definitely like it, too! I completely agree about that guy singing! Tony was in a good mood, and funny! He doesn’t annoy me in this workout, sometimes in the first one he would. Or maybe I am just used to him now! :)

The girl in it was doing the QVC commercials with Tony a couple days ago, too.

I was not sure what to use for weights, so I think next week I will go heavier with some moves and with more intensity, but it was fairly easy to follow and not feel overwhelmed. I don’t know what I burned, either, because HR strap isn’t working, but it’s lifting so I don’t expect a high burn anyway, no big deal.
  • KarenBorter
    KarenBorter Posts: 1,157 Member
    Options
    I am assuming there are more balance moves in this workout. Does he utilize the stability ball or the med balls? I guess I will check the weights I last used on Shoulders / Arms in P90X and go 1 weight down to start when I do this next week.
  • ecp2698
    Options
    The stability ball, nothing with the med ball.. but you don’t even use that too much.. you do moves standing on one leg, or you can put your foot on the ball, but to me, that’s easier. You do tricep extensions while lying down on the ball, which I like. You do this shoulder move while lying face down on the ball. It is 7 moves, done three times.

I would start heavy like you normally might.. I thought I would go a bit lighter since it is more balance work but the balancing is not bad at all, compared to how difficult balancing was doing chest, back and balance.. you will see what I mean next week. :)
  • KarenBorter
    KarenBorter Posts: 1,157 Member
    Options
    did this one for the first time tonight and LOVED IT. I like that there are 3 sets of the same routines which give you the opportunity to either increase your weights or reps, decrease weights, change the way you balance etc. I felt good doing all the moves and didn't feel like a fish out of water on this one. Eventually I think I am going to have to invest in a set of adjustable dumb bells cuz my 12's aren't cutting it anymore. I could go up to 15's on some of the exercises. Until then, I'll just do more reps.