new to MFP and looking for the last boost to get rid of 14lb

Options
Hey everyone! Been reading r/paleo & r/keto for months and was paleo for 4 months and started keto last week! Looking to shed the last 14lbs, and everyone is suggesting calorie counting, so here I am. Dropped 4lbs last week, and hoping to do another 5 this week.

How's everyone's experiences with this site so far? How has it been helpful in ways you wouldn't have achieved success without?

Replies

• Spooniest_Bard
    Options
    I started keto to be supportive of my BF and friends who started it, but I don't have very much weight to lose, so it's annoying seeing them lose tons of weight and me staying the same! I have lost an inch or 2 however and I needed to buy new bras, but after that I have had nothing else change for over a month.

This site is really great, and helps me realize just what I am eating throughout the day. You think to yourself "oh I will remember eating these 15 walnuts, I don't need to write it down", but if you're anything like me you definitely will NOT remember :) Also, in case anyone missed it, here is the plugin that lets MyFitnessPal track your net carbs. THIS IS AN AWESOME PLUGIN! http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/124645 Click "install" on the top right.

I also want to get rid of 5-7 lbs. I have eliminated dairy from my diet and have tried fasting but so far no results. You seem to be doing great though, how many calories are you eating a day? I think I will try to restrict my calories and see if that helps. Any advice would be sweet.
  • dspringx
    Options
    Well, I don't like to calorie count too much, but since I'm looking to only lose about 10 more lbs, I figured I had better be more aware of what I'm putting into my mouth.

Right now my focus is on that but mostly exercising to drop the last few lbs. I've toned my muscle up A LOT in the last two weeks and have lost a ton of inches in the last month. I added a before/after pic from 30days of diet/exercise to my profile for motivation.

Apparently right now I'm eating between 800 and 1200 calories a day. I drink a ton of water to keep cravings away.

Funny, I have a goal of 130lbs by the end of March because I'm in a competition with my BF too!