Finally an easy way to meet other brides :)

Options
I'm excited for these new groups. :happy: My name is Shawna and I have been engaged for 4 weeks now! I am so lucky to get to marry a man who is so loving and caring and AWESOME! :love: I have been on MFP for about a year now and I have had my ups and downs. Right now I am on my 3rd month of no weighing. I have not stepped on a scale in a very long time but I will on Nov 23rd before Thanksgiving :laugh: I can't wait to get to know you ladies. Is anyone in California? I'm in Oceanside, ca

Replies

• Shawnalee0703
    Options
    Hello there! My name is Shawnalee.... coincidence! ;)

Congrats on the engagement. I just joined the group because i just discovered they existed haha Keep up the hard work!
  • puggleperson
    puggleperson Posts: 740 Member
    Options
    What a Gorgeous name Shawnalee :) hehe Congrats on your engagement as well! I look forward to getting to know you!
  • puggleperson
    puggleperson Posts: 740 Member
    Options
    Love your engagement pictures too! I am hoping to find someone who is skilled with dogs because we both want Ginger, our dog, in our photos!
  • Shawnalee0703
    Options
    Thanks Shawna.
    My profile picture is actually just a mini session we did with our photographer. She is a close friend of mine. She did a session with our mastiff last spring before we got Fiona as a puppy so we had her do family pics a couple weeks ago. :-D BUT she did do our engagement photos.... here is a link to the sneak peek of our engagement photos. https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.255807264444092.71942.120003048024515&type=1
    She is A-mazing and never disappoints us.
    It will be neat to have other brides to visit with and stuff. Especially with us all on a path to better health too! I ordered my dress last month. First fitting is end of April- that is my goal, the last 20 lbs by my fitting! I am 70 down total... and so close to where I want to be!
    So much incentive, healthy life and feeling great at the wedding and on the honeymoon! :-D
  • Shawnalee0703
    Options
    and the link to the rest of the sneak peek from our mini session with both pups!
    https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.289707677720717.79297.120003048024515&type=1
  • Naomi113
    Naomi113 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Hi brides to be my name is Naomi 27 from Australia .. Been engaged since October 10th 2010. getting married on 8th September 2012. Im weighting in at 102.7kgs atm my heaviest was 118kgs. Can't wait to be married the year we get married we will have been together for 10years so it will be a very special day indeed
  • bhalter
    bhalter Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    Yay, I'm so excited to have found this group! I'm Barbara from Missouri. I've only been engaged about 3 weeks, but have a year to lose weight before the big day!
  • Chefette27
    Chefette27 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I am in Kansas City and have been engaged since April 2011. Our date is Feb 2013. We had a lot going on last year but I have just recently really started planning heavily. I also have a personal trainer and a goal of not being a two hundered pound bride or a size 12, which ever comes first. I ordered my dress 2 sizes small and am very close to that size plus have the ability to be 4 sizes smaller than that, Yaye tailoring and corset backs! I love that there is a place to relate to other brides trying to do it all and still stay sane and get healthy. :heart: loving the idea of getting support! Friend me if you are in the same boat!
  • bhalter
    Options
    I am in Kansas City and have been engaged since April 2011. Our date is Feb 2013. We had a lot going on last year but I have just recently really started planning heavily. I also have a personal trainer and a goal of not being a two hundered pound bride or a size 12, which ever comes first. I ordered my dress 2 sizes small and am very close to that size plus have the ability to be 4 sizes smaller than that, Yaye tailoring and corset backs! I love that there is a place to relate to other brides trying to do it all and still stay sane and get healthy. :heart: loving the idea of getting support! Friend me if you are in the same boat!

I just friended you! We're about an hour away from each other and I'm getting married a month before you. I don't know what size of dress I'm wanting to get, but I'm definitely wanting to lose about 40 lbs. total before I go try them on, and then hopefully lose another 40 lbs. before the wedding and have a dress that can be altered.
  • Chefette27
    Chefette27 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Im super excited to meet you! Im Kendra. I see your plan, but make sure you get your dress ordered by March! the people at Davids Bridal said it could take 3 months for the dress to arrive, 6 weeks for each alteration/fitting and you will need two of those. they can take two sizes off of a dress but cannot let it out. Also corsetted backs can be laced to fit tighter by nearly two sizes as well. At least thats what I am counting on. I know it feels like a long ways away but I wouldnt wait too long! Good luck!
  • bhalter
    Options
    Im super excited to meet you! Im Kendra. I see your plan, but make sure you get your dress ordered by March! the people at Davids Bridal said it could take 3 months for the dress to arrive, 6 weeks for each alteration/fitting and you will need two of those. they can take two sizes off of a dress but cannot let it out. Also corsetted backs can be laced to fit tighter by nearly two sizes as well. At least thats what I am counting on. I know it feels like a long ways away but I wouldnt wait too long! Good luck!

Thanks for the info! I haven't even looked at dresses yet.