One for the men w/ online profiles...

Options
scapez
scapez Posts: 2,018 Member
You see a girl's profile you like, and you email her.

She emails you back, complements your profile, and asks a general question about you (showing a level of interest).

You have been online in the days since receiving said email, but you don't respond.

Y U NO RESPOND??

You were the one that contacted me initially - so what gives? :huh:

Replies

• 1. Sorry I was drunk and or horny
    2. Since initial contact, said drunkenness or horniness has now subsided
    3. I found God
    4. I found another more suitable mate
  • Carl01
    Carl01 Posts: 9,370 Member
    Options
    Probably sent the same email to a dozen or more and landed with the first one to respond back.:flowerforyou:
  • mznisaelaine
    mznisaelaine Posts: 2,262 Member
    Options
    I guess I won't be making my profile this weekend :/
  • scapez
    Options

You just REALLY need to keep an open mind, that's all.
  • pa_jorg
    pa_jorg Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    File this as one of the great mysteries of life :wink:
  • mnwalkingqueen
    mnwalkingqueen Posts: 1,299 Member
    Options
    Why worry about it online dating is numbers game and most of the people are full of BS...move on who cares why he didn't contact you back...contact someone else.
  • mznisaelaine
    mznisaelaine Posts: 2,262 Member
    Options

You just REALLY need to keep an open mind, that's all.

I was kidding. I'm very open minded :) I thought of making a profile somewhere because where I live, everyone around here is lame and plus I'm waiting until my ex stops stalking me... Plus I don't know which site to choose etc. It would be all new to me
  • La_Amazona
    La_Amazona Posts: 4,855 Member
    Options
    I'm not a man obviously but I did this myself this week.

There's this cute guy that I clicked on "want to meet" on POF.
    He wrote me back and put me as a favorite.
    I then favorited him.
    I won't be contacting him right now.

Men seem to be much more simple (from their answers), but I'm still not 100% sure I'm ready to date so I hid my profile (yet again) and will wait it out for a bit. If I ever make up my mind and he's still available, I will go for him.
  • scapez
    Options
    Why worry about it online dating is numbers game and most of the people are full of BS...move on who cares why he didn't contact you back...contact someone else.

I'm not worried about it, I'm simply curious. And there's nothing to 'move on' from...
  • Carl01
    Carl01 Posts: 9,370 Member
    Options
    One more possibility is that he saw a beautiful lady and said to himself.."I will take a chance".
    When she responded it may have taken him by surprise if he didn`t think he was worth it so now has no idea what to do.
  • JThomas61
    Options
    One more possibility is that he saw a beautiful lady and said to himself.."I will take a chance".
    When she responded it may have taken him by surprise if he didn`t think he was worth it so now has no idea what to do.

I agree with Carl's first assessment, he probably sent out dozens of "feelers" and found someone else that suits him more to his liking.
  • Banks01
    Banks01 Posts: 985 Member
    Options

I agree with Carl's first assessment, he probably sent out dozens of "feelers" and found someone else that suits him more to his liking.

Booty grazing - no I haven't done it, don't have to with hair like this.
  • JThomas61
    Options

LOL well from reading other posts in this group, hair like that isn't the in thing these days. They seem to prefer men who shave their heads so you might be in trouble.
  • Banks01
    Options

Yeah. That and tatts. I'm 0- for all that. :)

LOL well from reading other posts in this group, hair like that isn't the in thing these days. They seem to prefer men who shave their heads so you might be in trouble.

Yeah I'm 0- for all that. No tatts either
  • scapez
    Options
    I am not "they". I do prefer hair, but guys (in their 40's and 50's) with most/all of their hair are much rarer than those balding or shaving! If a great guy comes with a shiny dome so be it...but it's nice to be able to run your fingers through someone's hair.
  • Banks01
    Options
    I am not "they". I do prefer hair, but guys (in their 40's and 50's) with most/all of their hair are much rarer than those balding or shaving! If a great guy comes with a shiny dome so be it...but it's nice to be able to run your fingers through someone's hair.

I have all mine :)
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options

She emails you back, complements your profile, and asks a general question about you (showing a level of interest).

You have been online in the days since receiving said email, but you don't respond.

Y U NO RESPOND??

a$$h0le friend logged /hacked/figured out password to said account and messaged girl without prior knowledge. days later found out and currently too busy hiding body of dead friend to reply back. :bigsmile:
  • Z_I_L_L_A
    Z_I_L_L_A Posts: 2,399 Member
    Options

Y U NO RESPOND??

Because he chickened out on his initial impulse.
  • Saruman_w
    Saruman_w Posts: 1,531 Member
    Options
    I don't have any dating profiles, and also kind of hesitant about those kinds of sites but if I were in that kind of situation I don't believe I would go about it like that. It sounds like they were randomly sending out messages to various women just to see who replies and from there I guess they pick out their preferred ones? Yea, normally the more weird ones would do things like that.

'sides MFP is better :)
  • DMZ_1
    DMZ_1 Posts: 2,889 Member
    Options

Y U NO RESPOND??

If this happens with me and a woman, it means....

1. She didn't keep my interest

AND/OR

2. I found someone who was more in line with what I was looking for