Meal Plan

Options
AnyaArson
AnyaArson Posts: 31 Member
The meal plan for the first week has been posted, and it is full of tiny portions and things I can't eat. It has been suggested that the vegetarians/vegans substitute tofu and qworn so they still get their protein, but you can't substitute carbs when you just don't eat carbs.

Is anybody thinking of not following the meal plan? What guide lines will you use to create your own diet?

Replies

• MerryKhaos
    MerryKhaos Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I'm using it as a guide, but that's it. I know that I need to eat 4 small meals a day, for example. And then a couple snack. I'm using what she's posted as a guideline and ideas.

Anya, you've got such a specific diet that I don't know how you could possibly adjust what she is giving us... I barely understand your diet! What you do wouldn't be very good for a lot of us...
  • heethar
    heethar Posts: 21
    Options
    Yea its really just a guide and possible idea generator. I tried to follow it last year to the T and it just didn't work. So, instead of doing the same thing expecting different results, I'm going to do something different. :D
  • runningathena
    runningathena Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    I'm working on a higher protein "tweaked" version of the plan. The daily intake is just a couple hundred more calories than what I burn at practice! NOT ENOUGH!!! I read the posts on FB and I don't understand how people can practice hard for 2-3 hours, hard, and not eat after! Mind blown.
  • TexPistol
    TexPistol Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    This is a while later, but someone just wrote a really interesting blog post analyzing the diet from a molecular nutritionist perspective. The short version is that the diet was not enough calories (for her -- ymmv), and incredibly high in sodium, which is a no-no. In short, I wouldn't feel too bad if you are eating nutritious, whole foods, making sure to have snacks after workouts, etc. etc. Having a blueprint is helpful to some, but just more stress to others, so you should do what works for you!

http://andanin.blogspot.com.au/2012/02/nutritional-analysis-of-rdwc2012-meal.html
  • MerryKhaos
    MerryKhaos Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Thanks for posting that Tex! I looked at that the other day and was amazed at what I saw.
  • AnyaArson
    Options
    Wonderful blog, Tex, thanks! I wish I had access to all her programs.
  • NeysaV
    NeysaV Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing my blog, Tex!
    Anya: I don't even have access to them half the time!

Foodworks does have a trial you can download, but it's only active for 14 days. You may possibly be able to find a full version (or product key to upgrade the trial version) using certain sneaky methods that we probably shouldn't encourage.

So glad I decided not to follow the plan in the end, would never have coped in training on Sunday night!
  • PowerKraut
    PowerKraut Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    You can't eat any carbs? That must be very difficult! If only for having enough energy etc.
  • AnyaArson
    Options
    When you don't have carbs at the ready, your body burns fat, and can take extra energy from decomposing proteins. Last night was the only time I've had trouble getting through a practice, but it was a particularly spiteful practice and I hadn't managed to eat or sleep that well all day, either. (75 minutes of push drills and probably another 25 of ALL SQUAT ALL THE TIME skating)