Just Starting Out

Options
Hello Ladies (and maybe some Gents?). So I'm on my 3rd day of this and definitely feeling it in my stomach, arms, and calves! This is a good thing, right? haha. Going to keep pushing myself to stay with it along with the food diary. Being new on here and to find people doing the exact same plan as me right now is very motivating and positive! I took measurements and pictures and am excited to see what my results will be at the end of 30 days. I will post this soon. Also, I am considering this as a kick-start to my lethargic system. I intend on maintaining many healthier lifestyle changes beyond this. Feel free to friend me so we can encourage and support each other.
How are you all feeling?
Did you just begin this week too?
Are you doing anything else in conjunction with it?

Replies

• rlcupcake
    Options
    I will start my 30 Day Shred this evening...Will keep you posted on my results.
  • JD92
    JD92 Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    I started last friday, but i just completed day 5 earlier this afternoon. i needed breaks!! last saturday i was in soooo much pain so i skipped a day, but thankfully thats gone away. i skipped tuesday then yesterday. hopefully i can work myself up to doing more days in row.

ive been really feeling the burn in my arms and legs, and ive even been feeling it in my abs, which i wasnt expecting this early!! im surprised that im already getting better at the crunches. :happy: but the workout is still kicking my *kitten*!

im down 3 pounds from last week, but i think a lot of that was due to my bad eating before and very little water. now that im doing better i think all of whats gone is just water retention. i think anyway.

i also find that when i exercise, i am more inclined not to eat more, because then, whats the point? im not killing my body every day for it not to work because i stuffed my face! so thats a bonus too.

i cant wait to see my results after the next 25 days!!
  • coppers2002
    Options
    HI Ladies & Gents,

I will be doing day 5 tonight.... Started this on Level 1- and thought what the heck did i get myself into!!!
    Jumping Jacks, stunk.. Pushups have always been bad. But I would find myself wanting to take a break.

Things are much better now... I have taken measurements to compare.

I plan to do the full 30 days on Level 1.. Then maybe advance or start again!

Hoping to lose another 5lbs this month :)
  • veepie
    veepie Posts: 103
    Options
    Tonight is my third day :). I am hoping to lose between 5-8 pounds this much and tone up...and then im going to do ripped in 30. Thing is i have ibs so my eating is so erratic..:(....
  • dylansmom00
    Options
    I started Wednesday but went for a walk outside yesterday as it was so nice. I did my work out with Jillian again today and it really does kick your butt!! Literally :)
  • dietfree2012
    dietfree2012 Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    ok..i need to get serious about losing..im in..starting tonight...starting weight....ekkk. 162.8...goal weight 155.00 not weighing in until the end of this dvd.
  • myltlisa24
    myltlisa24 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Hello Ladies (and maybe some Gents?). So I'm on my 3rd day of this and definitely feeling it in my stomach, arms, and calves! This is a good thing, right? haha. Going to keep pushing myself to stay with it along with the food diary. Being new on here and to find people doing the exact same plan as me right now is very motivating and positive! I took measurements and pictures and am excited to see what my results will be at the end of 30 days. I will post this soon. Also, I am considering this as a kick-start to my lethargic system. I intend on maintaining many healthier lifestyle changes beyond this. Feel free to friend me so we can encourage and support each other.
    How are you all feeling?
    Did you just begin this week too?
    Are you doing anything else in conjunction with it?

Hi there!! I just started this week also, I completed day four. I must admit, I wasn't feeling anything the first two day, only because I didn't have the weights, I incorporate the weights, and boy what a difference. I can feel it in my shoulders, my back, and my thighs. Nothing in my stomach yet, but I don't have that many muscles in there I don't think.

Right now, I feel a lot better, before I started today, I really didn't feel like exercising, but I am glad I did, I did struggle, not going to lie...I will continue to struggle, but I will keep putting one foot in front of the other, and keep jugging, and hopefully by day 30, I will be stronger than today.

I am doing kickboxing and Tae Bo, along with strength training also.

So far, I've lost 8.2 (this was before I started Jillian)
  • ttwsweet
    Options
    started feb. 1.. and whew weeee! that first day nearly killed me. same with the second. but today? better! still can't do all the reps (like, pushups. ugh.) but i take her little 5 second breaks and am convinced this is going to make me stronger... i can already feel it!!! glad to be part of this group!
  • lnicole1625
    lnicole1625 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone!

I just finished day 5 today. The first two days were the worst. I had to take a break for one day. Now I am back on track and I am not nearly as sore. I plan on doing level 1 for 10 days and then move on to level 2. Yikes! The push ups are still killer but I do the best that I can. My weight right now is 135.5 and I am hoping to get down to 125 at some point. I have never been that low so I dont know if I can do it but hopefully. I am only 5'1. Good luck everyone!
  • midnightwhispers
    Options
    I bought the dvd two years ago...and it sat on my dvd shelf until last year. I started it and paired it with Tae Bo and lost 20 lbs in six weeks. You'd think that would motivate me to keep going, but I stopped and gained it all back. So now I'm back at it and intend to keeping going! I've been doing level 2 every day since January 1st, but I'm also getting over an injury to my ankle and knee so I'm not pushing myself as hard as I should be. But it still kicks my butt even after a couple of weeks of doing it. However, I'm in no hurry to move on. I intend to keep doing each level until I can complete it without feeling like I'm going to die...and without wrecking my knee again. I'm also still doing Tae Bo and I'm on week 3 of the Couch to 5K. I wish I'd see more results with everything I'm doing but so far my body is being stubborn and I see nothing :( Hopefully tracking my food and exercise on here will help
  • Bikini27
    Bikini27 Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    Hello all :)
    Tonight will be my 3rd day of Level One. Totally felt it last night in my legs and arms. I'm also running twice a week and walking the dogs (about 45 mins MWFSS).

Is anyone else switching the weights? I use 5lb weights for most of it, 8lb for biceps and the floor work, and :blushing: 3lb for the side lunge dealies.

Best of luck to you all!! And my only suggestion? When it starts seeming like a daunting task, that 30 days? Think about just the levels. Only 7 days left of level one!!

:flowerforyou:
  • MWAC2
    MWAC2 Posts: 7
    Options
    I finished day 3 last night (I do my excerising after the kids are in bed, I'm a night owl so it work for me). I can feel it in my legs and in my arms, advil has been my friend. Not sure if I'll get to work out with the DVD tonight as my husband who has been traveling for the last 6 weeks comes home tonight. I might just want to spend some quality time with him. ;)

My plan is to do level 1 for 10 days, then move up to level 2 for 10 days then yep you guessed it level 3 for 10 days.
  • kazzamcamille
    kazzamcamille Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I started Feb 1st. I am now on Day 3 Level 1. I can't wait to see results. I want to lose at least 10 pounds this month. I also go to the gym daily (except Sundays) I stay on a 1200-1500 calorie diet. (some days I go over but I guess you are supposed to, to not go into starvation mode?) Well can't wait to see results! I love my fitness pal!!!! 27 more days to go! :) Wahoooo!
  • kateheades
    kateheades Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi there

I am new to MFP and the 30DS. Wow it certainly is fun and doable although it's kicking me at the moment. I am combining the 30DS with a walk as well and seems to be paying off. Man it makes you feel great doesn't it?!

Good to be among a group to chat about it as well. :-)

I have 2 L1 so far on Tuesday and yesterday and will do another today.
  • haj0808
    haj0808 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I'm doing level one and trying to just increase to do more advanced version got through it day 4 I'm just happy to just be able to get through it.