SUGGESTIONS?!

Options
WickedMouse
WickedMouse Posts: 343 Member
Do you have a work out suitable for a cubicle you would like to see added to the Daily Challenges? Post here, and I can start incorporating those in and changing things up.

Replies

• GorillaNJ
    GorillaNJ Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options
    You can always do chair dips...
  • Milletp
    Options
    Sitting in your chair or standing. Arm circles" Arms straight out to your sides, palms facing back. Circles should be dinner plate size. 15 forward, 15 back and repeat to your desire.
  • MassiveDelta
    MassiveDelta Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options
    Bosses Head = Punching bag for 30 sec rest 5 Repeat 10x
  • shanolap
    shanolap Posts: 1,204 Member
    Options
    Lunges, Plie squats, and maybe some stretches.
  • MiniMichelle
    MiniMichelle Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    Only standing exercise or floor exercises too?
  • pfalcona
    Options
    I have an exercise tube with handles that I keep in one of my desk drawers. You could do biceps curls, shoulder raises, triceps extensions, then you could (if you have the space) drop and do some push-ups or push-ups against a wall (my cubicle is behind someone and against a wall). I also walk up 298 steps to my floor in the morning and do it again on a break - it only takes about 3-4 minutes. If you don't have a band, you could create your own resistance by making a fist and slowly curling your arms as if you had weights, triceps kick backs works this way too. Dips are the best though.
  • Lizzy_Sunflower
    Lizzy_Sunflower Posts: 1,510 Member
    Options
    I like the idea of doing variations throughout the week. And working arms, abs, and legs. Squats, split squats, side lunges,calf raises, walking stairs, standing abs variations (I have to stay off the floor please), dips, pushups etc....
  • MassiveDelta
    MassiveDelta Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options
    Standing Sumo Crunch
    The sumo crunch is a great exercise for the oblique muscles. Stand with feet wider than shoulder width apart, with your toes pointed outward. Lower down until your thighs are parallel with the floor and clasp your hands behind your head. With control, lower your right elbow as far as you can toward your right thigh. Return to the starting position; then lower to the left side. Complete three sets of 20 crunches on each side.
  • WickedMouse
    WickedMouse Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    I think next week I am going to change the challenges from every 30 minutes to every hour. The reps are getting higher and my work production is getting lower, I am having a hard time keeping up, and having the time to post on my wall reminders.
  • Zaggytiddies
    Zaggytiddies Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    That's a good idea. It's tough to keep up! I feel great though!
  • crissa71
    crissa71 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I think next week I am going to change the challenges from every 30 minutes to every hour. The reps are getting higher and my work production is getting lower, I am having a hard time keeping up, and having the time to post on my wall reminders.

Good idea! Need to work some during the day...lol
  • Milletp
    Options
    No Post for today? I'm using fridays.
  • HeartlessHarlot
    HeartlessHarlot Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I have a balance ball for a chair, bought the chair base for it too. It's super easy to roll it off the base and sit on in on the ground or to turn the base sideways and to sit-up/crunches.

Opened a whole new world to me for desk jocky work outs.
  • Sugarchef
    Sugarchef Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    I didn't read all the responses, so I don't know if I'm duplicating many of them. Lunges, jumping jacks, burpees, mountain climbers, plank holds, suicides up and down the hallway. Ooooo! Or how about chair races for those of us with wheels on their chairs!!! :tongue:
  • allison0820
    allison0820 Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    These are great suggestions!! Thaks everyone!!! I'm making a routine up right now and gonna add times on my calendar to do them... Also I think I may bring some 5lb weights to do some curls and tris while I'm at my desk..I'm excited now!! :)
  • allison0820
    allison0820 Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    These are great suggestions!! Thaks everyone!!! I'm making a routine up right now and gonna add times on my calendar to do them... Also I think I may bring some 5lb weights to do some curls and tris while I'm at my desk..I'm excited now!! :)

Okay so I did some research and came up with a little "routine" that I want to do everyday at my desk... :)

Seated Leg Extensions - 15 (2 sets)
    Seated Leg Raises - 15 (2 sets)
    Inner Thigh Squeeze (I use a towel) - 15 (2 sets)
    Abs/Butt Squeeze - 15 (2 sets)
    Arm Circles - 15 fwd and 15 backward
    I - Y - T's - 15 each
    Tricep press with my full 32oz water bottle - 15 (2 sets)
    Bicep curls with full 32oz water bottle - 15 (2sets)
    Shoulder press with full 32oz water bottle - 15 (2 sets)

Who's with me.. is this group still active???
  • kelisueray
    kelisueray Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Desk bike! I just started peddling about 90-120 minutes a day.