Daily Tip for Today (#4)

Options
Slow down cow poke... Eat a little slower.

When you scarf your food down too fast, your stomach won't have time to react to the amount.

You won't know you're actually full until much later, when you've possibly already consumed too much.

In order to trick your stomach into feeling full, make your meal last a little longer.

Here's some other ways to trick yourself when cravings begin to stir:

- drink a full glass of water before the meal and wait a few minutes;

- brush your teeth with minty toothpaste;

- chew a piece of minty gum;

- serve yourself food on smaller plates - smaller plates, smaller portions;

Replies

• girlnumber57
    Options
    Good tip. I have also read to always sit at the table while you eat. It helps you to focus on your eating and not be distracted. That way you can recognize the signals telling you that you are full.
  • Bekzness
    Bekzness Posts: 122
    Options
    Good tip. I have also read to always sit at the table while you eat. It helps you to focus on your eating and not be distracted. That way you can recognize the signals telling you that you are full.

I read this also, and to look at the food you are eating... that alone sends signals to your brain that you are getting what you need. If you are stuffing your face while watching TV, this is missed out!

They say you should chew each piece of food 20 times.... ever tried counting? :)
  • girlnumber57
    Options
    I haven't ever tried that. There are a few foods I don't even chew. (Some soups, mashed potatoes) My husband thinks I'm weird. And not just for that! lol I really should try that though, I'm sure counting alone would slow down my eating.
  • Miriai
    Miriai Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I have been using the gum and water trick to get me through classes. Its hard because every other 3hr class I have had before I have needed to eat because of timing, so now I feel the compulsion to eat to keep myself awake during class. I stick a full water bottle in my bag and a pack of gum. I also have a 90 calorie fiber one bar if I really need to eat something (like my blood sugar dropped or my stomach is growling and I have another 2 hrs till dinner)