Ran out of alotted calories

Options
Due to a pot-luck at my work, and my under-estimating the caloric content of what I ate, I find it to be only 1PM and I have eaten all but ONE of my alotted calories for the day.

Should I try to skip dinner? Should I just try to eat something light for dinner (like soup) and not go over very much? Or should I say "dammit, I'll just do better tomorrow", and eat my usual balanced meal?

Right now I am full, but my bedtime isn't for another 9 hours, and I know I will be hungry before then. :/

Opinions?

Replies

• alil2loveable
    alil2loveable Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I say get in a 30 minute walk even if you have to break it up into 5 or 10 minute increments at a time that way you can get activity calories added back in. I break mine up at work in 10 minute increments 4 times a day at work and then I try to walk for another 30 minutes out of my hour lunch.
  • Gribbish
    Options
    Wife and Kid have strep throat, I'm going to be grocery shopping (extra fluids, chloraseptic, kleenex etc.) and the pharmacy for their prescriptions, then have to get home quickly (faster they get it, less time I have to play nurse). Not going to have time for exercise, per se.... though I suppose grocery shopping has some sort of caloric burn value to it.
  • Bekzness
    Bekzness Posts: 122
    Options
    Wife and Kid have strep throat, I'm going to be grocery shopping (extra fluids, chloraseptic, kleenex etc.) and the pharmacy for their prescriptions, then have to get home quickly (faster they get it, less time I have to play nurse). Not going to have time for exercise, per se.... though I suppose grocery shopping has some sort of caloric burn value to it.

Power walk around while doing your shopping.. you'll burn much more calories and get it all done quicker :)
  • katiebythebay
    katiebythebay Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    What is your carb count at?
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    Turn it into an intermittent fast - great hormonal benefits. Eat 16 hours from whence you last did or as soon as you can after that.
  • lstnlondry
    lstnlondry Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    Today I ran out of calories by like 2 or 3 in the afternoon. Well, because I made chocolate chip cookies..but that's besides the point! I hit the gyn hard and earned 500 extra calories for the day. I was sooo proud of myself!!
  • kcoftx
    kcoftx Posts: 765 Member
    Options
    I just keep it light the rest of the day and fill up on water but I wouldn't necessarily skip. I definitely wouldn't binge because what good would that do? It happens.