breathing

Options
I've pretty much finished my C25K but i still can't get my breathing right.
4 steps in 2 steps out isn't doing it for me, not paying attention to it doesn't work either.
I feel like if i got my breathing right i could run forever, maybe i just have to work on my physique some more, i'm not sure.
I don't really have breathing problems, it's just i can't seem to find a good calm flow.

People talk a lot about running but breathing isn't that popular of a topic it seems, maybe because noone has any probs with it. What are your experiences?

Replies

• sgoldman328
    sgoldman328 Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    I just concentrate on in through my nose, out through my mouth. To be honest, I've never done it by steps.... I just tend to concentrate on nose and mouth along with the beat of my music. I find that's the easiest for me

Good luck!
  • fozziewaca
    Options
    I just finished week 5 and at first I tried to breath along with the 4-2 steps, but I've found that something like 2-2 works better for me. Music helps me keep control of my pace which helps me control my breathing and the occasional long, deep exhale works wonders. If I find I'm struggling for air, I know I'm going too fast.
  • Lesley2800
    Options
    I do a 3-2, keep my mouth open and breathe only through my mouth. I've found that's the easiest for me.
  • watsonlc
    Options
    Left foot- IN; Left foot- OUT
  • nermal6873
    nermal6873 Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    Bumping this up because I was just wondering the same thing.
  • fourluvbugs
    fourluvbugs Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I don't count steps when I'm breathing, I think I do it naturally because I was a competitive swimmer in high school and swimming forces you to breathe regularly. I'm pretty sure I breathe in the same rhythm I use when swimming, so probably in on every 4th or 6th step? I'll try to pay attention to it on my next run. I'm off this weekend because I'm having trouble with my crummy knees and they need a few days of recovery.
  • courtneymal17
    courtneymal17 Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    I try to do the 3-2 one, but i have problems with it. Most of the time I just concentrate on getting a lot of oxygen in and out...I've been taking some Yoga/Pilates classes and found that they definitely help with the breathing