Introductions

Options
gritgirl
gritgirl Posts: 95 Member
I just realized I forgot to set up an introduction thread.

I'm Susan. I live over on the edge of Capitol Hill and work near Dupont Circle. I Metro everyday to work and try to work lots of walking into that routine. I have dogs I could be walking, but find myself settling into the couch.

I sure could use some motivation.

Replies

• novamegs
    Options
    Hi all! I'm Megan, I live and work in Manassas. I'm trying to turn over a new leaf and get more fitness minded; looking for people to motivate and hoping to get some motivation myself :)
  • Lanet27
    Lanet27 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Hello!
    I live in Dale City; work in Washington DC; and have a 22 month old daughter. I lost 20 lb so far, (halfway there). I started to study for a professional certification, and I'm slowly creeping up again. :S

I really need motivation. My routine is so crazy. I wake up at 4:30AM to get baby ready. Head up to DC NLT 5:30AM and get back home around 5PM. On top of that I have to go to the library to study for the 4-part test for a good 2-3 hrs. and when I get home I'm soooo tired. I still have to play and bond with baby and do any left-over house chores. I'm lucky I have a very great husband that helps me a lot with the cooking. ;)
  • mtaylor404
    mtaylor404 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I live in DC now (around Adams Morgan/Columbia Heights) but am moving to Falls Church soon. I am a law student, and a law clerk, in DC.

I have lost about 4 lbs so far, and would like to get 10 more off. I am a member of WSC.
  • youarewhatyoueat86
    Options
    Hi all! I am 25/f from Manassas, VA but currently live in Hampton, VA. I'm on a mission to lose 130 lbs by april 2012 but my one year will be july of 2012 and I am halfway there!
  • gritgirl
    gritgirl Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    congrats, youarehwhatyou. that's impressive. :-)
  • IsleOfThanet
    Options
    City rat here ... near 15th & P Streets NW. Mostly walk to work, sometimes ride the bus home.

AC in the summer, dry and warm in the winter ... the National Gallery is a great indoor spot for being on your feet and doing some (albiet slow) walking.

About one weekend a month I'll walk over to the National Mall to visit the National Gallery or one of the Smithsonians.
  • kjbristol
    kjbristol Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Hi. I'm Krista. I am newer to mfp. I live in fredericksburg, va. I commute daily to dc as I am a full time law student. I am married, and a mother of a ten month old and a two year old. I have a lot if baby weight to lose, and I am looking to make.good friends along the way!
  • getfitjourney
    getfitjourney Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Hello all, I am Karen I live right on the DC/ Hyattsville line. I am really motivated by looking at so many success stories here. Great job everyone!!!!!!!! Please feel free to follow my Get Fit Journey.
  • gcgelabert
    gcgelabert Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am Gloria and live in Kingstowne area and work out of home. I have lost about 50 lbs and got stuck! Now, I am in the bandwagon and started going to this gym called Starfit and love it! I am married and have a 7 year old daughter who is totally adorable. I also started racing (mostly walking) last fall and did two 5ks and I will be doing the St. Patricks 8k in March and Dare to Dream 8k in May in Williamsburg! Nice to meet you all!
  • ajfrench
    ajfrench Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    Hello all. Angela here. I live in Shirlington and have lived in the DC area for nearly 10 years. Crap, it's been that long?! Hoping that once spring hits maybe a few of us could plan weekends walks or bike rides. I'm always looking for friends to join me on my journey to lose weight!
  • emberin
    emberin Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Hello! I'm Erin and I live in Ashburn and work in Fairfax. Always looking for healthy restaurants and fun activities in the area. My life isn't busy, I'm just lazy, so extra motivation helps.
  • daisydieter
    Options
    Hello! I'm a work from home mom out near Dulles Airport... I've been losing/gaining about 30-50 pounds off and on for 12 years (12 years before that I gained/lost same 10lbs, finally just keeping it on... so now need to lose 61 pounds). Note... I take months to a year to lose it... then sometimes 3 years to gain it back. Not quite a yo-yo dieter. More like a roller coaster one?

I have figured out that my downfall always begins with me having a weekend or vacation where I ate a whole bunch then being too scared to get on the scale to see the damage. I put it off until "next week"... which has turned into months, sometimes even years where I see I gained back all the weight. :( My goal is to not just lose the weight... but to always weigh myself daily so it never gets away from me again. (Weekly, I'll blow it off).

My current plan is to lose the first 20lbs give or take shooting for a 3lb per week loss, which is 1500 calorie per day deficit tracked by this fine site to track it. Then adjusting my rate as I go down. For example, I don't expect the last 10lbs to come off at 3lbs per week, more like 1 to .5 pounds. So far, lost 10lbs with this plan.

Also what is different this go 'round is I'm trying to establish a support system. Hence, joining groups like this one. :)
  • Rishawna
    Options
    Hello everyone. My name is Rishawna. I have been struggling with my weight since I was 12. I am 33 now. Ugh. Born and raised in DC - went to Alice Deal JHS, Duke Ellington School of the Arts and graduated from American U. Was an "A" student my whole life, maintained that same GPA in college, made the Dean's List and graduated with honors. I work as a graphic designer for one of the biggest entertainment companies on the east coast. Why, please tell me why is losing weight so much harder than any of these accomplishments in my life? ARGH!
  • vidchick73
    vidchick73 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Nita and just re-activated my MFP account.

I'm Mommy to 2 boys, live in Fairfax & work full time in Herndon. Trying to have timely and healthy dinners is always a challenge as is finding time for the gym with 2 little ones.

I also have a FitBitUltra that I am hoping to sync with MFP to track my activity and adjust calories accordingly. If anyone here has one, what has been your experience.
  • Hova1914
    Hova1914 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Hi! From Atlanta and live in NE DC. Lost about 20 pounds so far, trying to lose another 20 and keep it off
  • mcnate81
    mcnate81 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello,
    My name is Nathan, I am a father of 4 and husband of a newborn photographer (tinytouch). I commute through DC during the week and can work off hours a lot.so between families coming to my house a lot and me working, I find time to workout. I havent used MFP in a while, but I have been working on my health since the beginning of the year. I started this year by doing a 12 day veggie juice fast and it was amazing. I wanted to go longer, but I just lost it..its tough. Now I am back on the wagon doing P90X again. I have lost roughly 15lbs since the beginning of the year and want to lose another 40 (ultimate goal). saw this group and thought I would jump in! Nice to meet you!
  • kallston89
    kallston89 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone!!! My name is Kenyette and I live in Columbia and work in Howard County as well. I joined MFP around March and didnt really start using it until April. Tracking what i eat and how I exercise has really helped me lose weight. I topped the scale at 243 and I knew it was time for a change! I got a Planet Fitness membership and I now log every morsel that I eat. So far i have lost 12 lbs. That may be little to some, but I feel like I have moved mountains. I wish everyone luck in their weight loss journeys. If you need motivation, I am a great supporter. Feel free to add me as a friend.