Day 1

Do you need help trying to decide what dietary or activity changes you need to start with? That is what we are here for! :flowerforyou:

Replies

• dberry01
    dberry01 Posts: 18 Member
    My biggest challenge is a fused ankle. It limits my excercise options quite a bit. I also have a pin in my leg so kneeing is challengin because I have no feeling in my knee cap. Any suggestions?
  • Caged_Heat
    Caged_Heat Posts: 1,031 Member
    I have tried walking soooo many times but I just find I cannot stay interested. Part of it is because I live in Arizona and the scenery can be boring. So THIS time, I bought a bike and am cruising the neighborhood to get started. 30 minutes 4x a week just riding the neighborhood. I like being "on the move" so it is workin so far, a couple of weeks anyway. Reminds me of when I was a kid! And it is helping my blood pressure. It drops 20 points when I ride so hopefully over the long run, the BP will start to lower and I can get off the meds.
  • 4keepers
    4keepers Posts: 1 Member
    I have joined this group after reading your profile and the goal of the group. I am in health care and yet always in the obeese catagorie. I restart the circle of weight loss frequently....portions and sweets are my monsters. Consistency and boredom are the other two evil twins. 2yrs ago I started a life journey to change..it has been slow but I know I do not have to be "all or none" and there is a lot ot learn and unlearn on a daily basis. When the food aspect seems over whelming, what I have learned about myself is to start with exercise.....Just walking 1 mile 3-4 times a week or jogging in place is enough to ge the endorphins going to know I can do both the exercise and food. I applaud your efforts to help. I certainly welcome help. I have also joined the no junk food for 21 days. I am new to joining groups.
  • Rosy06
    Rosy06 Posts: 15 Member
    Hi everyone, Joined this group to be motivated and motivate as well. I am not an expert but i like to read and inform myself of nutrients, healthy food, workouts and anything healthy I can read. I am also a beachbody coach so I get some training in that category. I am doing P90X right now. The LEAN version. I struggle with my eating habits but hear I am and I will keep pushing. I got 17 Lbs remain to lose.