So, where are we all from / what kind of Pagan community do

Options
JessiC1984
JessiC1984 Posts: 97 Member
I am from Sudbury, ON. I know there are a few other Pagans in my area, but we have no Pagan community to speak of, there are no moots, festivals, open circles, no metaphysical / witchy shops. Sucks, I tell ya.

Replies

• hm_day
    hm_day Posts: 857 Member
    Options
    I am from Massachusetts, and I began studying right in the heart of the witchcraft community in Salem, Massachusetts. Plenty of festivals and open circles and other such stuff. Sometimes bordering on touristy and obsessive.
  • JessiC1984
    JessiC1984 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    yeah, lol I'd love to be one of those crazy tourists in Salem sometime, lol. Just seems like such a fun place to visit. The shops alone would have me drooling. The closest thing I have here was an online shop in my area that was going to charge me $20 to ship me something within my own city, due to that I can only assume they shut down, because they no longer reply to emails. Other than that there's a https://www.greenearthstores.com/ in our mall. Not a great store, but at least I can get charcoal discs there.
  • DestinyNightwing
    Options
    I'm from MD. There is not much here where I live. We have a few in Baltimore and a few in Annapolis. I got lucky and found a spiritual shop in Solomons (i live 10 minutes from solomons island.) But living in a Christian county (where every 5 miles theres a church) It's hard not to get snickered at...my favorite shop online would have to be the magickal cat.com

I'm glad to find some pagans on here. i thought for a while i might be the only one lol
  • AlysonBug
    AlysonBug Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I live in Saginaw Michigan, well I'm in this tri-city area. I'm very happy, we have a pagan store in each city then we have a vague new agey shop in our mall. I'm also a part of a pretty large pagan community that is very active. My coven holds open Moon esbats each month and our mother coven holds two open to the public Sabbats each year. We have festivals and conventions, its amazing. I thought I was alone when I started out but then I went looking. Actually next month is Michigans biggest pagan convention of the year, ConVocation, its held in Detroit area and we have some 5,000 or so people come out.
  • hm_day
    Options
    yeah, lol I'd love to be one of those crazy tourists in Salem sometime, lol. Just seems like such a fun place to visit. The shops alone would have me drooling. The closest thing I have here was an online shop in my area that was going to charge me $20 to ship me something within my own city, due to that I can only assume they shut down, because they no longer reply to emails. Other than that there's a https://www.greenearthstores.com/ in our mall. Not a great store, but at least I can get charcoal discs there.

Oh Salem.. Great place to visit and be touristy, but right now there's so much drama going on there among the Pagan/Wiccan community, that it's best to just stay away to be honest. Maybe soon we can all live in harmony and not have the media drooling over us, yes?
  • druidqueen
    Options
    I split my time between south Louisiana and northwest Oklahoma. I don't know of any pagans in the town in Oklahoma, but I know a good deal in south LA. Most of the people I know are more old cajun "treatur" healers, put the gris-gris on the other football team so the Saints win, etc. Overall, no real community any of the places I'm at. I'm solitary kitchen wiccan, so no group rits or anything. My teacher is a friend of mine that used to go to college with me, graduated and moved out of town. Now I'm basically trying to learn on my own around when I have time with college. It would be nice to be a part of a coven or something sometimes, that way I could get a bit more in person guidance. Once I graduate, I'll hopefully have time to search around my areas and see if I can find someone else to work with.
  • ladyrayado
    ladyrayado Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I live in Longmont, Colorado. There are a few closed groups in the area, but not a very strong community. There is one metaphysical shop in Broomfield, small but has some of the essentials. Currently I'm practicing and learning on my own.
  • hm_day
    Options
    PPD! We have those as well, celestialwolf. I have so much fun at them! :)
  • MystiqueASAP
    Options
    I just moved back to Las Vegas and am looking to join a Pagan community. I have found a couple but have not gone to any of the scheduled meetups due to my work schedule conflicting with the meetup schedule. I have found a couple of metaphysical stores in the area that cater to my needs as a solitary kitchen witch/eclectic pagan.
  • gettingstronger
    Options
    I live in rural WI near the Green Bay area and I'm a solitary witch and eclectic pagan. Paganism in general speaks to me, but I haven't found a specific path that calls me. There is a general pagan group that does meet ups in Green Bay, but I haven't yet attended any of their events.

We do have herbal/tea shops. And other things can be found if you look. There is a blown glass/pipe small business near me that also carries crystals. I get my books online, my candles from crafts stores, ect.

To date, I don't have any in person friends who follow the same path. But I hope that will change one day.
  • cppeace
    cppeace Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    lol I live deep in the bible belt in louisiana(shreveport area) and we have a nice tight knit pagan group that meets months and a local witch who sells herbs and such and a new age shop called the peace of mind center and a local druid chapter too :)
    Still too few but so much more than I knew of a few years ago :)
  • MystiqueASAP
    Options
    bump
  • MystiqueASAP
    Options
    I live in rural WI near the Green Bay area and I'm a solitary witch and eclectic pagan. Paganism in general speaks to me, but I haven't found a specific path that calls me. There is a general pagan group that does meet ups in Green Bay, but I haven't yet attended any of their events.

We do have herbal/tea shops. And other things can be found if you look. There is a blown glass/pipe small business near me that also carries crystals. I get my books online, my candles from crafts stores, ect.

To date, I don't have any in person friends who follow the same path. But I hope that will change one day.

I still order some things online as well. Do you use a specific website or go to whichever one that suits your needs at the time? I have used 13moons.com and azuregreen.com and love them both, but I am looking for something on the west coast or even mid-west. The local shops does cater to some of my needs; however, when I am looking for something specific, I will order online.
  • gettingstronger
    Options
    I still order some things online as well. Do you use a specific website or go to whichever one that suits your needs at the time? I have used 13moons.com and azuregreen.com and love them both, but I am looking for something on the west coast or even mid-west. The local shops does cater to some of my needs; however, when I am looking for something specific, I will order online.

I mainly have just ordered books on Amazon, ect because I live so far away from any bookstores, metaphysical or otherwise. If it is a crystal that I have never bought before, I prefer to see it in person if I can before buying online. But for things that can be cleansed, I don't have a problem buying online and cleansing it. I have lingered at 13moons, azuregreen, mountainroseherbs.com, and bayouwitchincense.com. Etsy has alot of fun things to find also. You can find handmade and handcrafted things made by those with similar mindsets as your own.
  • hm_day
    Options
    AzureGreen is such a great website for stuff like that. My mother's boyfriend orders stuff through it as well as sells stuff through them, so he gets a lot of stuff wholesale. They have beautiful stuff!
  • MystiqueASAP
    Options

I mainly have just ordered books on Amazon, ect because I live so far away from any bookstores, metaphysical or otherwise. If it is a crystal that I have never bought before, I prefer to see it in person if I can before buying online. But for things that can be cleansed, I don't have a problem buying online and cleansing it. I have lingered at 13moons, azuregreen, mountainroseherbs.com, and bayouwitchincense.com. Etsy has alot of fun things to find also. You can find handmade and handcrafted things made by those with similar mindsets as your own.

Yeah, a lot of my books have come from Amazon as well. I will have to check Etsy out. Thanks.
  • druidqueen
    Options
    lol I live deep in the bible belt in louisiana(shreveport area) and we have a nice tight knit pagan group that meets months and a local witch who sells herbs and such and a new age shop called the peace of mind center and a local druid chapter too :)
    Still too few but so much more than I knew of a few years ago :)

Shreveport, huh? I'm from Houma (down in Terrebonne Parish, home of all the world's Catholics) and go to school at UL Lafayette. I feel you in the churchy thing, ma'am. :P
  • LexxyV
    LexxyV Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone!

Just joined the group... Eclectic pagan/witch... From Arizona but living in Georgia army wife... Been practicing for almost 14 years. Currently in training with Sacred Well and love to assist with open circles... Training so I can lead or co lead circles on military bases... Love getting in touch with the pagan community at large :) bright blessings

Lexxy
  • SkinnyShadow
    SkinnyShadow Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Hey, I'm from British Columbia, Canada (Surrey / Langley area), and happy to be here. :) It's quite a tolerant place to live I suppose.
  • redfroggie
    redfroggie Posts: 591 Member
    Options
    Merry Meet! I currently live in the UK, moved here from Colorado. We had a great store in Denver, Isis Metaphysical. I was able to get herbs and spell workings there and they had a great Tarot card collection.

Living in the southeast of the UK I can't find any bookstores or shops that cater to pagans. I have thought of opening my own but until I win the lottery, it's only a pipe dream.

I do order online at 9unicorns.com and cerdwynscauldron.com

I am a solitary hedge witch and pratice for hearth and home.

Brightest Blessings.