Weight loss with C25K

Options
Hey! So I am planning on starting C25K and was wondering what kind of success people had when it comes to weight-loss with this programme?
I am 20, 5'1" and I weigh 116 lbs (I know it doesn't sound like a huge amount but I feel that an extra 10lbs on a short girl looks like an extra 25 lbs on a taller girl!!

Anyway, please let me know if you lost weight/gained muscle definition.. anything!

Replies

• cantobean
    cantobean Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Honestly, I didn't lose much weight during the 9 weeks of C25K. Maybe, like, 5 pounds? But my legs and butt look leaner, I think, and I have more energy.

I think C25K has lots of benefits, and weight loss is definitely one of them, but I'm not sure I would recommend it as a weight loss program. It's a program that will improve your fitness and get you running, but probably not the most efficient program for weight loss.

That being said, I would 100% recommend C25K for aspiring runners. I love the program and love running now.
  • GirlAnachronismE
    GirlAnachronismE Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I've lost about 14 ish llb since I started doing it, but of course, that's combines with eating less, so I can't put it down to C25K. But i do feel so much fitter and more healthy now. My boyfriend commented that I look better and hae much more colour and confidence, which I do think is due to C25K
  • sblack91
    Options
    Thanks for your responses! I am already watching my calorie intake and doing some cardio (hiking) 3-5 times per week so I'm not expecting miracles or anything.. but it seems like its a really great way to get back into running

I used to go jogging a couple of years ago but I overdid it and ended up with an injury. I tried going out for a run a few days ago and was not expecting to find it so difficult but I could barely get to the end of the road! So that was an unwelcome surprise....

Now I really want to get back that same enjoyment I had for running, and obviously lose weight along the way

Thanks again :)
  • cannie55
    cannie55 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I did the program through week 8 a year ago and lost about 5 pounds- but, I didn't really change my eating habits, so I'm sure that contributed to my lack of weight loss! Even though I didn't lose a ton of weight that time around, I did notice that I was significantly more toned in my legs and just felt better overall.

I just finished week 3 tonight, I'm going to make myself stick with it this time around!
  • jskaggs1971
    jskaggs1971 Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    See my ticker. Each of those pounds has been sweated off on the bike or on my feet running. Of course, diet has a LOT to do with it as well. A good 3.5 mile run for me burns off only around 600 kcal*, or about half of a Big Mac, per my Polar FT4.

* and I'm a big dude, too at 6'5" and 235. Smaller, better in-shape, or more efficient runners would probably burn less.