Gyms in Melbourne

Options
kritterxx
kritterxx Posts: 100 Member
Hi there (:

I live in Melbourne, and am currently a Melbourne Uni student. I work out pretty much everyday. Before leaving for uni I was living in Malaysia and was a Fitness First Platinum member - and I loved it! I had so much fun, great people, made lots of friends. However, Fitness First in Melbourne doesn't seem to have the greatest reputation, so I ended up not making my membership international. I started just walking around Princes Park and do basic calisthenics in my room. It worked for me, but I'd still like to be part of a gym.

I'm looking for one that isn't ridiculously expensive, that is modern but not jam-packed, perhaps one with more of a community feel, as well. I want people who care about their members, not just their members money. If anyone knows what the Melbourne uni gym is like, shout out (:

And if you aren't a member of a gym - are there any areas in Melbourne that you enjoy running or walking around, or do you have your own personal trainer?

Thanks so much!

Replies

• dawn16
    Options
    Hi there! :flowerforyou:

I've been a member at Genesis for 2.5 years! The one near me I really like because it has a really good timetable, and I really enjoy group fitness classes! Just recently I joined an EFM Health Club near me which I really enjoyed because you get more one on one time with a trainer! It isn't a fancy gym, it's just a little studio! So at the moment I'm at both and paying less than I would be if I stayed at Genesis and payed for a personal trainer there! I hope to see other people's responses!

dawnx
  • carrotstick2012
    Options
    Does the university have a gym you could join? I think most do.
  • charlesb22
    charlesb22 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I go to Swinburne and get subsidised membership at the gym on Hawthorn campus - its $28/fortnight, classes included. PT is extra but you get a session/program done when you sign up. It's a YMCA gym and it's subsidised for students by the uni. I'm sure there will be a similar offer for Melbourne - just check out their student services info.
  • Littlesparky09
    Options
    We used to live in Melbourne. Would really recommend the Richmond Recreation Centre.

http://www.yarracity.vic.gov.au/Services/Yarra-Leisure/Richmond-Recreation-Centre/
  • TotalTiger
    Options
    We used to live in Melbourne. Would really recommend the Richmond Recreation Centre.

http://www.yarracity.vic.gov.au/Services/Yarra-Leisure/Richmond-Recreation-Centre/

My brother drives from Templestowe to use that gym