Something we do at TOPS meeting

Options
lckauffman
lckauffman Posts: 15 Member
Everyone brings something healthy such as a apple and put it in the basket. after we weigh in and start the meeting. The person who lost the most weight. Gets to take the fruit or whatever we collect home . It iskind of fun trying to win the basket. someone always loses more than me. I thought I had the basket last night with my 3 pound lost but another lady lost 5 1/2 pounds go figure.. If you do something different let me know. Linn:drinker:

Replies

• allishaFaye
    allishaFaye Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    we do that too!!! but we split it between the 2 top loosers and the kops have there own basket an it goes to the best kop :)
  • jmp33
    jmp33 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    In our group we all bring 2 small gifts each year and the biggest loser of the week gets to pick a package.
  • topsmember4life
    Options
    We give our weigh in money to the Best Loser of the week then the gainers fines go to the Best Loser for the month. Our weigh in's are 0.25 cents and that's what our gainers fines are 0.25 cent for each lb or fraction of lb gained. I've yet to win either since we began doing this again. We also have what is called a NO-NO and Yes Yes and if you eat or do the No No you owe a quater and if you don't do or eat the Yes Yes you also have to pay the quarter and we use that money to play Bingo on the third Monday of each Month.

We used to keep all of the money for Bingo but then that fund got so big we decided to award the person who loses the most each week and each month.

Sarah
  • magtize
    magtize Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I just joined this site and asked my TOPS chapter to join with me.Glad to see other TOPS members on.I am leader of TOPS PA 437.We have a fruit basket the first of every month that goes to the loser.
    We are starting 10 - 10- 10 next week.Each member pays 10.00 and if they lose 10 pounds in the next 10 weeks wins the money.If more then 1 they share.
  • jayanne0907
    jayanne0907 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Great ideas! Plan to share at this weeks meeting. Been a member of TOPS NY292 off and on since 1990, been up and down over the years and would like to reach my goal before Ive been on this earth for 50 years. Just joined MFP 3 weeks ago and am thrilled to see that there is a TOPS group here. :happy:
  • fitnessfreeky
    Options
    ON 034......we do the fruit basket for best TOPS & KOPS each week. We also have a best looser loonie. We do monthly scratch tickets, and a charm for each 10lbs lost. We also do team contests that run for about 2 months each. We divide into 3 teams (we have approx 30 members) and we get points for each pound loss (KOPS BELOW GOAL or Leway) points for bringing in your food journal, points for exercising, and points for bringing in a piece of fruit. We have a snakes and ladder type display board, and with each point your team token moves along the board. At the end of the 2 months, the winning team gets a small gift each.
  • allishaFaye
    allishaFaye Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    its nice to see so many others have the fruit baskets to. i won last nights with a pound and a quarter off. there were others who lost more but werent there the week before so they werent elegible for it. we also have the traveling gift. i am back on as of last night. if u loose or stay the same for 4 weeks then u get $10 :) wish me luck ladies! i want to do it this time!
  • teresa1121
    teresa1121 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    great ideas ladies.. i am going to share with my group.. does anyone have any ideas for contests they would like to share?
  • annsmarquez
    annsmarquez Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Wonderful ideas. It's always fun to win no matter what it is. I especially like the ribbons one of our members chochets each month the the best loser of the month. I have collected 6 over the 3 years I have been there. With "my fitness pal" and my doctor's help, I am finally having success and eating like my family. It just doesn't seem possible to stay successful at least for me, unless I journal everything I eat. And I like the recording of exercise as well. I then print off the reports and tape them in my jjournal that I take to doctor's and tops.
    I am coleader of our group and like to keep it light and fun. More success that way I believe:wink::wink: :smile: :love:
  • suezc
    suezc Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Dime contest - You start with ten dimes, if you lose, you take a dime out, if you stay the same, it stays the same, if you gain another dime goes in. We are a closed campus group so we also added for every 2/10's gain, it cost you a penny to the pot. That pot gets big and when someone is done with all the dimes, they win the pot and whatever is left in everyone elses containers.
  • bbrown426
    bbrown426 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    In our group we all bring 2 small gifts each year and the biggest loser of the week gets to pick a package.

We do something similar, but we all bring in 12 gifts a year. Every week the biggest loser picks from 6 cards. If the card says yes, everyone who lost gets a gift too. If it says no, only the biggest loser gets a gift that week