calories burned?

Options
I'm doing the biggest loser with my family and so far I've lost 7 pounds! I don't know what to put down for this DVD in the calorie section though? Any thoughts? I'm on level 2

Replies

• evansproudmama
    Options
    I think you should log it as circuit training general, thats what I log the 30 day shred as..
  • ErinBEW
    ErinBEW Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I think you should log it as circuit training general, thats what I log the 30 day shred as..

I do as well. :)
  • Getfoxy
    Options
    Thanks I'll try that!
  • Kagard11
    Kagard11 Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    I do as well, but the calories that MFP listed were a lot more than what burned, so I adjust it. I use a HRM to get my number.
  • maybish
    Options
    i logged it in as cardio! im gonna change it right now!!
  • MzBrynn
    Options
    Ohhh, that might be a better idea with the heart rate monitor. I had logged it in as each seperate activity, jumping jacks 2 minutes and so forth with 25 minutes of activity total for the whole thing. Thanks Kagard11!
  • SLT01
    SLT01 Posts: 58
    Options
    Anyone have any ideas of a good, non-expensive hrm? I need to get one, but money is a bit on the tight side..
  • AriadneSnow
    AriadneSnow Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I created a custom exercise and for level 1 I use MFP's estimate of calories burned in 'Aerobics, high impact' as my guide. For level 2 I'm going to use 'Circuit training, general' as a guide - because I've heard it's harder. I'd really like to get a HRM - but the one I want (Polar FT7) is quite expensive in New Zealand. I really should get it though.
  • TurtleRunnerNC
    TurtleRunnerNC Posts: 768 Member
    Options
    I used circuit training & it gave me 167 calories which seems low but... I don't have an HRM so I am clueless. Wish I had one to know the real #. I have seen some people posting over 300 calories burned on it.
  • busym0m
    busym0m Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    The shred is more like circuit training, vigorous.
  • TurtleRunnerNC
    TurtleRunnerNC Posts: 768 Member
    Options
    I only see general & curves as options. Am I looking in the wrong place?
  • busym0m
    busym0m Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Isorry bout that. It's actually calisthenics, vigorous and is under cardio.
  • beancurdie
    beancurdie Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Definitely log it as circuit training if you aren't using a HRM. For level 1, I don't take any breaks and use 5lbs weights and I only burn 205 calories according to my Polar FT7
  • Kagard11
    Kagard11 Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    I have the polar ft4. They can be around $45-70 on amazon depending on the seller.
  • SparklesPlenty
    SparklesPlenty Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I just got the Polar FT4 as well and it is showing me burning about 230 calories on level 1. Once I figured out my calories I just add it as 30 day shred everyday. You can create it for yourself.
  • vguynes
    vguynes Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    I'm doing the biggest loser with my family and so far I've lost 7 pounds! I don't know what to put down for this DVD in the calorie section though? Any thoughts? I'm on level 2

Getfoxy, which Biggest Loser DVD are you using? I have the Cardio Max (very old, Bob does Level 1, Jillian does Level 2, and Kim does Level 3). I really enjoy the workout. Are you using a newer version?
  • Jujurenae
    Jujurenae Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Level 2 you burn 276 and level three you burn 259....level 1 you burn 241....I got that information from Questions@jillianMicheals.com