Anyone having trouble syncing fitbit with mfp?

Options
Kkmama
Kkmama Posts: 544 Member
Hi,
I was away for a couple days and wore my fitbit as per usual. I had no problem syncing before I went away but now (4 days later) when I press the button on mfp to sync it doesn't go to the fitbit allow page. What to do?
:sad:

Replies

• cclark1203
    cclark1203 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    Put it on the docking station and try letting it sit there for a while. It should always update it automatically, mine does. Otherwise, troubleshoot it with the fitbit website and maybe they can advise you, if you haven't already done so. Looking forward to talking to you soon.
  • SueGeer
    SueGeer Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    For some reason MFP & Fitbit not linking. Food logged on MFP not showing on Fitbit & exercise adjustment from Fitbit not showing on MFP. Anyone else having the same problem? Have disconnected fitbit from MFP & reconnected but hasn't solved the problem :sad:

Sue
  • 42hockeymom
    42hockeymom Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    Yeah, it's happening to me too. I've posted over there on their boards about it. You might want to go over there and say something in the Help & Support Boards there's a thread already started called "MyFitnessPal not syncing anymore" My guess is it's some sort of glitch. It's new, there's bound to be bugs. It's great when it all works, but I know nothing's perfect ALL the time.
  • SueGeer
    SueGeer Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    Sorry folks, we're looking into this. The sync looks ok from our side but it's possible there is an issue we are unaware of. We'll work with the Fitbit team to get this figured out ASAP.

I'll update this topic as soon as we have more info. Sorry again for the inconvenience.

^^^^^^I've just looked on another MFP thread on this subject & saw this message from Mike - looks like someone's got the message at last
  • morganadk2_deleted
    morganadk2_deleted Posts: 1,696 Member
    Options
    i just emailed this
    "Hi as a member of MFP and a fitbit owner I have to say I'm very disappointed
    to see that the sync has not been working for the last 2 day!

However I'm more disappointed that there seem to be no official comment on
    the situation for either fitbit or My fitness Pal.

Please could you respond either to me or better still post something official on MFP .

Thank you in advance

Morganadk2 "

And got this reply

Natalie wrote:
    FEB 06, 2012 | 12:01PM PST
    Hi,

Thanks for taking the time to contact us. Please accept our apologies, the problem should now be fixed for new syncs, but we just noticed that if you have synced your account before, the system has to back log and reprocess. This unfortunately will take between 12-24 hours. It should be working again by tomorrow. Please accept our sincerest apologies for the inconvenience. If by tomorrow, there is still a problem, please let us know. We will also address this on the forums. We appreciate and than you for your understanding.

In the meantime, thanks so much for using the program. Please let us know if you have any additional feedback, problems or questions. We wish you all the success in reaching and maintaining all of your diet and fitness goals.

All the best,
    Natalie
  • MoonShadow_1au
    MoonShadow_1au Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    @morgan,

Thanks for taking the time to do this. Great reply, now we will need to wait to see if the fix works.

As at 08:00 (Sydney Australia time) no synch from MPF to FB for food
  • inindiana
    inindiana Posts: 6
    Options
    I see this is a fairly old post. My food log sync with Fitbit but my exercise did not sync with MFP. Is there a fix to this problem? Thanks