X2 Chest and Back

Options
ecp2698
ecp2698 Posts: 267 Member
I have yet to do this workout today but wanted to start a thread for those who have. What did you think?

My husband and I watched it last night, and it seems pretty daunting! I am wishing I had a chin up assist band and a better pull up bar, to be able to do pull ups more efficiently. I just might order it soon!

Replies

• treatingmybodyright
    treatingmybodyright Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Order the pull-up assist band! It's a genius invention and will really help you develop your strength properly. I'm using if for P90X Classic, and I can finally do a pull-up on my own. I have P90X2, but I wanted to complete an official round of P90X before doing 2, and your post makes me excited for that journey!
  • KarenBorter
    KarenBorter Posts: 1,157 Member
    Options
    yeah, seriously that pull up assist is AH-MAZE-ING. It has changed my game as far as pull ups go. I am using my body more then my legs as I did with the chair. Yeah, this workout looks bannana's. I won't be doing it till next week but am anxious to see everyone's feedback on this workout.
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Options
    We previewed this workout Sunday, I strongly recommend the preview.

We did it this morning and I can say that I'm proud of my results. I didn't knock out 20 reps (like the folks on the DVD) on the medicine ball push-ups, but I actually did a handful. I expect next week to be even better.
  • KarenBorter
    Options
    I will probably watch this tonight after doing X2 Core.
  • ecp2698
    Options
    Well I'm bummed, just went to go order the chin up assist, they are out of stock, and not available until April! I will be an X2 grad by then!
  • nab4life
    Options
    I will look on ebay for the assist and pull up bar.
  • KarenBorter
    Options
    Well I'm bummed, just went to go order the chin up assist, they are out of stock, and not available until April! I will be an X2 grad by then!

I suggest keep checking back ... also you can use pilate bands. I will link some for you when I get home tonight which will essentially do the same thing.
  • ecp2698
    Options
    Thanks babe! :)

Karen, I will do that.. I am debating, do I order it anyway and keep looking for something I could get sooner, or wait on ordering it?

Well I just suffered through chest and back. Not fun. I felt pretty pathetic.. I could barely do some moves, like core crunch chin up, Lever, the impossible/possible, elevated stability ball push up, and chattarocker. I did just a few reps of these.. I had my husband help me with the 4 ball push ups, I did some with him holding the back two, then a few on my own. I actually did not mind doing some pull ups, just because it got me away from balance type push ups on the ball! I thought my push ups were getting better, stronger, but this was definitely humbling! I thought my core was stronger but this made me think not so much!

Oh well, it can only get better from here, right? Next week will be better!!
  • KarenBorter
    Options
    I would like you to think back on day 1 of phase 1 ... OMG WTF HOW THE HECK AM I SUPPOSE TO DO THIS ... to week 4 OMG WTF I CAN'T WAIT TO GET TO PHASE 2 ... by week 3, 4, 5 of Phase 2 we are all going to be ready to move to P.A.P :) and week 1 of Phase 3 we are going to find out what we are made of ... again.
  • Rappla88
    Rappla88 Posts: 185 Member
    Options

we got ours at sports authority for around $50 christmas time
  • ecp2698
    Options
    Karen- I felt more like when I did chest and back for the first time ever.. but then I was weak and out of shape.. it just goes to show that any new workout can be challenging, even if you think you are in decent shape! Even in the beginning of phase one of X2, I did not feel as hopeless and pathetic as I did last night! Oh well, it’s over and I will look forward to next week being a bit better!

thanks Rappla! :)
  • KarenBorter
    Options
    I just watched a you tube video by a guy that I am following who is doing P90X2 and doing accountability videos ... all I have to say is OH MY GAWD ... Honestly, Some of these moves are WACK. But I am going to say that I am now HAPPY I am doing week 4 of this phase cuz I don't think I could Jump into Phase 2 without it ... wtf Tony!
  • ecp2698
    Options
    Seriously that is how I felt! I would make sure to give yourself extra time for some of the moves.. it took me a while just to get up on all 4 med balls, never mind then do the push ups! Same with the med ball/stability ball pushups, the decline stability ball push ups (using a chair.) You really have to engage everything in order to stay up in the correct position, then add push ups on top of it!

The chin up assist will also come in sooo handy. I kept cursing myself every time I had to figure out a way to modify a move with my chair.
  • Rappla88
    Options
    Woke up a ilttle early this morning so my husband and I previewed what is in store for us after work.... it looks crazy!!!! I will be modifying most of these moves for sure!!! Hopefully my shoulder holds up... it feels pretty good today, i'm going to be sure to make sure that i have excellent form and modify when needed (which looks like might be A LOT!) I'll report back later when I've done the workout!
  • KarenBorter
    Options
    I previewed this workout last night and am sorta pissed that one of the pull ups that girl was using the pull up assist for they don't even show HOW she is doing it so I guess I will have to improvise. Push UP and Pull UP city tonight after X2 Ab Ripper but I am ready! I can't wait to start Phase 2
  • edorice
    Options
    You're going to love the lifting!
  • KarenBorter
    Options
    It was super challenging and I just ordered another 4lb med ball so that I can do the 4 ball push ups with them. I will use the 4 lb on my hands and the 8lb on my feet. I wish that they would have done a wide pan on the girl using the pull up assist so I could see how she was doing the Lever Pull Ups but I'll get it. My challenge is that my door frame is low so doing the pull ups aren't as challenging as they should be but I am using the pull up assist lower to make them harder. Anyway room for improvement but overall I liked it. I can't wait for Shoulders and Arms Wednesday! That was one of my faves in the original P90X.

I have to say I love the EE and the Protein bars ... I think I am going to up to 1 1/2 scoops tomorrow for Plyocide.
  • Rappla88
    Options
    I really liked this workout! I had to modify quite a bit however I was able to do more than I thought I could!!! Today I am VERY sore.. but it feels great!!! And good news: I didn't fall off any balls!!! Looking forward to more of the new workouts later this week!!
  • edorice
    Options
    I really liked this workout! I had to modify quite a bit however I was able to do more than I thought I could!!! Today I am VERY sore.. but it feels great!!! And good news: I didn't fall off any balls!!! Looking forward to more of the new workouts later this week!!

Great job Regina!
  • murf19
    murf19 Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    started phase 2 of P90x2 today. Wow its been a while since doing that many pullups! A couple of the push up exercises were very tough. I could not do the one with my feet on the stability ball. I kept slipping! something to work towards.