If I were to buy only one DVD ...

Options
Denkko
Denkko Posts: 28 Member
If I were to buy one DVD to have on hand for those days when it's just impossible to get out of the house, what should it be? Welcoming all suggestions, but mostly interested in the Sansone series, since I have never heard of her until I started reading this message board.

Replies

• HalloweenGirl7
    HalloweenGirl7 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Walk Away Your Waistline with Walk Belt.
    I love that one and it is pretty challenging.
    Also, the 3 Mile Weight Loss Walk: if you can survive Mary Kay's Mile w/out huffing and puffing you are getting fit! :-)
    I'd say it's a tie between those two for me.
  • NalasMama
    Options
    I LOVE Billy Blanks "Tae Bo" collection but I think it's a tie between Tae Bo and "Hip Hop Abs." It's so much fun to dance and lose weight.
  • hildiesmom
    hildiesmom Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Depends on how 'fit' you are. There are "easy" videos and "more challenging" videos. I have a lot of them, and depending on how my arthritic knee is feeling, and how much time I have, I choose accordingly. I started with the "5 Day Slim Down" which can be used as either a 5 mile walk or as shorter walks. Each mile focuses on a little different part of the body. Mile 1 is a classic walk, good if all I have is 20 minutes to spend. Mile 2/Day 2 is "sculpt your arms". Day 3 is "slim your legs"...that one is a killer. Lots of squats and lunges interspersed with the walk. Day 4 is Trim your Tummy, and Day 5 is a "speed walk".

My "go to" walks are usually 2 miles or so. I like "Walk This Way" for an easy 2 mile, "Power Walk With Friends" for a slightly more difficult one that uses some light hand weights and "boosted walking" (light jogging intervals), and "5K With a Twist" which is basically about the distance of a 5K with jogging intervals. It's a decent burn for a short amount of time.
  • farmerted322
    Options
    I also like the 5 day slim down, it's really flexible. Walk kick is also a good one. I like the walking dvds because the movements are easy to follow, i tend to trip over my own feet if there are two many moves.

I have few yoga/pilates videos. I try to mix it up so I don't get bored.

Kathy
  • tsaustin
    tsaustin Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I like Leslie Sansone's " 5 really Big Miles". You can choose to do 1 mile or all 5. Her music is upbeat and I don't seem to get bored with her.

Tarsha
  • Kaddyshack21
    Kaddyshack21 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    I like all of leslies walking video's but she also has a sculpting video that really does a number on you if you aren't use to it. I try to do it once a week.
  • januarywife
    januarywife Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    My favorite Leslie Sansone workout is her '3 Mile Weight Loss Walk", and on days when I am pressed for time,I like her Power Walk with friends.
  • DietingMommy08
    DietingMommy08 Posts: 1,366 Member
    Options
    I like Leslie Sansone's " 5 really Big Miles". You can choose to do 1 mile or all 5. Her music is upbeat and I don't seem to get bored with her.

Tarsha

This is the one i have too. I love the resistance band.
  • Chocolatewoman
    Chocolatewoman Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Leslie Sansone's Five Really Big Miles.
  • Denkko
    Denkko Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Since I posted this I've discovered I have some cartilage damage on my right knee. My doctor told me to lay off the eliptical but OK'd walking. I think I'm going to start with 5 Big Miles. I'll let you know how it goes. Thanks, all!