Logging daily progress

Options
cookie241
cookie241 Posts: 147 Member
I've just completed level two day one and it just about killed me, some moves weren't too bad but the plank twists at the end and the double jump rope are horrid. I'm going to log on here my progress everyday just to see if it feels like its getting any easier. I will also log on the days when i don't do the shred but do some other form of cardio. Today i will also be walking to school pushing a stroller through the snow, and doing netball training this evening so mondays are a high exercise day for me.

Replies

• dianeellen2
    dianeellen2 Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    I did day 1 week day 1 on Saturday (because of the snow) - i did not enjoy Shred as much as C25K running program but it was a good alternative to being outside. I dont intend to do it everyday but i was surprised how much it made my inner thighs ache the next day. I didnt like the amount of jumping (star jumps, bum kicks, skipping rope jumps) i found it hard on my knees (and boobs!) but i think as an exercise video it was very god - i liked the fact they had someone showing you the lower and higher impact moves (thought the music could have been better too)

Anyway - just my thoughts

Diane
  • slimmerchick
    slimmerchick Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    I found the plank twists easy and most of the rest of it quite hard!! Never liked L2! L3 for me now :)
  • westcoaster09
    Options
    I really don't like level 2, I groan everyday when I have to do it! I do like some of the exercises but overall not so much haha. moving onto level 3 this weekend, thank goodness.
  • cookie241
    Options
    Well day two of level two done today. Think I found it harder than yesterday because a new set of muscles are now aching from my bum and down the back of my leg, think that must be from the chair squats which strangely enough i dont find too bad. I can't do double jump rope I have to stick to single but don't find the rest too bad but I definitely feel like I've had a good workout at the end. Bring on day 3 tomorrow.
  • jrnygirl
    jrnygirl Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    I was sick all last week, so now I'll have to start L1D1 all over again.....
    On the upside, I did manage to lose a little over 1/2 inch on my waist when I first started. :)
  • RisyaLifsheTova
    RisyaLifsheTova Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    Ive been going to bootcamp...basically like 30 day shred just 50 minutes long instead :( does that still count?
  • leoma280
    Options
    I really don't like level 2, I groan everyday when I have to do it! I do like some of the exercises but overall not so much haha. moving onto level 3 this weekend, thank goodness.

I was on Level 2 for a couple of days (heading back to Level 1 for a few more days to gain some confidence before challenging Level 2 for sure) and for those two days that's exactly how I felt! I would think "only 8 more days of this urgh".
  • cookie241
    Options
    Well it's supposed to be day three of level two today but I'm not sure I will get it done. Tom started this morning so in feeling pretty rubbish due to that. Also the car is broken beyond repair so I have all ready done loads of walking today. I made sure it was a nice fast pace as its so cold out, not easy when it's slippery underfoot. Anyway upside the shred does seem to be working as I tried some skinny jeans uk size 12 which earlier this month I wouldn't have been able to do up and I could.
  • cookie241
    Options
    Well missed a day yesterday so thought I'm definitely getting it done today. So level 2 day 3 done and it felt pretty good still hate the plank work with a passion but felt the other bits were a little easier. Bring on day 4 tomorrow.
  • ErinBeth7
    ErinBeth7 Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    I found the plank twists easy too! Maybe my form isn't correct? All the other plank exercises suck though. I love how much level 2 makes me sweat.
  • slimmerchick
    slimmerchick Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    ^^ glad not just me! nearly easiest move of whole level and she says it's a killer!
  • ErinBeth7
    ErinBeth7 Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    ^^ glad not just me! nearly easiest move of whole level and she says it's a killer!

I think some of the hardest moves are the ab exercises. Especially, the one where you're holding the weights up and have to lower your legs close to the ground.