Where In the Philly Area do you live?

Options

Replies

• Nelski
    Nelski Posts: 1,607 Member
    Options
    I live in DelCo. I'm originally from Chicago, moved here April 2009 so there is still so much of Philly and it's burbs that I haven't seen. I do like it here. I miss Chicago at times but there are a lot of similar things here so it's not like I moved out of my comfort zone(I miss pizza the most lol). I do like having closer weekend getaway options here like the shore and Poconos for camping. I'm happy with DelCo. I do wish I lived in the city sometimes but then I love having a backyard, driveway and hassle free parking. I work in south Philly near the sports complex so where I live isn't too far. If traffic is good it only takes 20-25 min. I'm close to the Regional Rail so that is nice for trips to Center City.

Where in DelCo do you live? Me too. I am pretty new to MFP and also to this Philly group.

Folsom
  • cory2615
    Options
    Maaaaanayunk.
  • Mydnyte_Ryder
    Mydnyte_Ryder Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    Montgomery County, in the Burbs,
  • vickijank
    vickijank Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    "I"m from Philly, and by "Philly" I mean a Philadelphia suburb"

Bucks County to be exact :)

Me to in Bucks County Area middle of Bucks County:flowerforyou:

Me too. I'm in Newtown which is like border of Middle/Lower County and it was beyond boring growing up here!
  • madC6
    madC6 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I'm in Chester County, out by Longwood Gardens.
  • MrUgly
    MrUgly Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I live in Harlyesville (Skippack) MontCo. Nice place, quiet neighbors, good schools. I work in Center City, so I make the trek to Lansdale and take Regional Rail. God Bless the Quiet Car.
  • em_ador
    em_ador Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I go to Saint Joseph's University in West Philly
  • JCam8383
    JCam8383 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Hey, I'm Jen. I live in Montgomery County (Norristown area)
  • lwarnecke
    lwarnecke Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I live in South Philly, near the stadiums. It's a nice area. My boyfriend and I try to walk everywhere we can.
  • issobelle
    Options
    I live in Northern Liberties. I moved here from Massachusetts to accept a job in the suburbs nearly a year ago.

I love my neighborhood and living in the city because I can walk everywhere. My section has been fortunate as we've not had any crime yet hit our doorsteps but I am aware that we're not far from the shooting of the driver on Fairmount.

It's been an interesting transition moving from Mass to Philly. I will say, Philly's residents have been nothing but friendly. In my 5 months living in this neighborhood, I've met more of my neighbors than I did in living 5 years in my old neighborhood in Mass.

Now to find a decent gym...
  • ERKat17
    Options
    I also live in Delco, which is the burbs just South of Philly. I saw several people who already posted living in my area. Yay! I'm not alone.
  • theevan2
    Options
    Northeast Philadelphia around Welsh and Roosevelt. It's and okay neighborhood with everything close by and the city only about 20-30 minutes away.
  • tuffytuffy1
    tuffytuffy1 Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    I live in Northern Liberties. I moved here from Massachusetts to accept a job in the suburbs nearly a year ago.

I love my neighborhood and living in the city because I can walk everywhere. My section has been fortunate as we've not had any crime yet hit our doorsteps but I am aware that we're not far from the shooting of the driver on Fairmount.

It's been an interesting transition moving from Mass to Philly. I will say, Philly's residents have been nothing but friendly. In my 5 months living in this neighborhood, I've met more of my neighbors than I did in living 5 years in my old neighborhood in Mass.

I go to City Fitness on the corner of 2nd and Spring Garden - very reasonable!
  • jrock317
    Options
    I live in Chalfont, which is in central bucks on the border of bucks and mont. county. I love it!
  • issobelle
    Options

I go to City Fitness on the corner of 2nd and Spring Garden - very reasonable!

Fantastic. Thanks for the suggestion!
  • JACKYGETNMYBODYBACK
    JACKYGETNMYBODYBACK Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I live in East Oak Lane- I love my neighborhood
  • hotdoggin47
    hotdoggin47 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    East Falls!
  • shedoos
    shedoos Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    I'm in Chester County, out by Longwood Gardens.

I'm in extreme western Chesco - right at the Lancaster line
  • mtaylor1980
    mtaylor1980 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I see a couple of fellow Delco peeps on here :-) I live in Drexel Hill!
  • dixiech1ck
    dixiech1ck Posts: 769 Member
    Options
    I live in Harlyesville (Skippack) MontCo. Nice place, quiet neighbors, good schools. I work in Center City, so I make the trek to Lansdale and take Regional Rail. God Bless the Quiet Car.

Hi Neighbor!