is anyone discouraged?

i'm on day two, level 3 and i definitely feel stronger and am seeing some difference. but overall, i feel like the most significant change is the bulk it has created. i lost a couple of pounds initially, but they're back and i have been really diligent with my eating. i won't stop before 30 days, but just wanted to know how you guys are feeling. i'm gonna need a new plan when this is done, unless there is some kind of miracle in the next 8 days :) maybe i'll seriously up my cardio next week. i think i do build muscle pretty quickly, but i don't feel like my fat is changing much.

Replies

• LoveActually
    LoveActually Posts: 177 Member
    I'm not so much discouraged as I am board. I was irritated this week because even with working out two times a day and eating clean, I gained. Dammit! I just keep telling myself it's muscle. I am definitely strong and can keep up with cardio much better than before.

I have also started P90X so when 30 DS is done I'll be 10 days into that.

I'm looking forward to taking my measurements though. I'm sure those have dropped.
  • shmunster
    shmunster Posts: 538 Member
    I know Ive bulked up a little, but I think Ive still lost a bit of fat, I'm not measuring til the end though

I lost the first week, gained the next, and lost last week, weigh in tomorrow so will see how I go, then 6 more days of 30ds til the end
  • cdnclovr
    cdnclovr Posts: 65 Member
    I hear you. I've done the Shred 15 times at Level 1 (I take every Friday off) and started Level 2 last night. I workout 6 days a week and include the treadmill for 15/20 minutes before the Shred (total minimum 40 mins/day). Like you, I feel stronger but I've lost absolutely no weight and no inches. I was hoping the Shred would get me off this plateau that I've been on since the second week of December... Nothing! I'm utterly disappointed.
  • ugh. well, i think i just need to view these 30 days as a stage, not as a direct means to an end result. i'm gonna have to keep working for awhile to reach the place i want to be at. my body holds onto fat for dear life and likes to sit at the weight i'm at. its gonna happen, i just have to keep at it. i've realized that i have done this sort of thing repeatedly - worked really hard for almost an entire program, only to convince myself that it isn't working, then quit. then a year later i look back at pictures of myself and realize that it was working! i'm thinking that when this is over, i switch to full on cardio and tracy anderson's methods 3 times a week. i'm gonna need to focus on my smaller muscle groups once i finish getting the big ones in shape. that should help with some of the bulk.
  • Hey ladies! It might be water weight! All these muscles are working so hard and repairing themselves and retaining water... So when you give yourself a rest at the end and flush with lots of water, you may like what you see on the scale. I haven't been eating that well all 30 days, so I know that is why the scale is not moving too much for me as a whole, but I do know that my jeans are getting saggy regardless of my eating.
    With that said I am sooooo glad I only have 5 days to go. I look forward to replacing this stuff with relaxing yoga!
  • shmunster
    shmunster Posts: 538 Member
    I lost again this week, am really hanging to see measurements next week when I finish, and I'm not sure how much I might have lost, I still have a lot of flab, but am hoping I might have lost a few inches anyway

Think I'll do ripped after this, see if I can shed the last of this fat and actually get some muscles showing up