whats you take??

Options
Does anyone else notice it is easier to stay motivated and focused when you have a crush or are seeing someone??

Replies

• AnnaPixie
    AnnaPixie Posts: 7,439 Member
    Options
    for sure :bigsmile:
  • lelliebugh
    lelliebugh Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    I'm on the fence about this. I think it's a distraction when I'm with someone. I get comfortable, excited, and happy then slack off. Lol being single helps me stay on track.
  • DMZ_1
    DMZ_1 Posts: 2,889 Member
    Options
    Yes and no. It depends on how comfortable the relationship is.

Many long term marrieds put on a lot of weight because they are off the market so to speak and don't need to impress anyone new. Remember that it is easier to keep someone than forge a new relationship.

When you first start to see someone and things are going well, keeping that person happy can be a fitness motivator.

Comfort is good, too much comfort, not so good.
  • christine24t
    christine24t Posts: 6,063 Member
    Options
    I think when you have a crush yes. When you get comfortable no.
  • emilysheafit
    emilysheafit Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I think its easier to stay motiviated when you have a crush, even if your comfortable it's earier also!
  • DWK28
    DWK28 Posts: 7
    Options
    I think when you have a crush yes. When you get comfortable no.

I agree.....just notice last year when I falling for someone...I got in ridiculous shape...hardly cheated and never missed a workout..
  • La_Amazona
    La_Amazona Posts: 4,855 Member
    Options
    i hate crushes, they stress me out... so i can go either way. i'll be very motivated (when i'm happy stressed) or not very motivated (anxiety stress)..

i hate crushes.
  • emilysheafit
    emilysheafit Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    i hate crushes, they stress me out... so i can go either way. i'll be very motivated (when i'm happy stressed) or not very motivated (anxiety stress)..

i hate crushes.

Agree 100%
  • mznisaelaine
    mznisaelaine Posts: 2,262 Member
    Options
    I think that when your into someone you definitely are more motivated...

But I think I'm just motivated to lose weight and work on getting healthy and in shape because I finally want someone to notice me. It's been 3 years since someone actually tried to talk to me and during that time I was in a relationship. Now... Not so much.
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options
    Does anyone else notice it is easier to stay motivated and focused when you have a crush or are seeing someone??

it depends. usually for me no.
  • teagin2002
    teagin2002 Posts: 1,901 Member
    Options
    I think it has to do with loving yourself. If you love yourself and take care of your self, then hopefully they will feel the same way for you too.

I have been married for 4 years now, and hubby loved me the same way before I gained, after I gained and then after I lost it too.
    But this makes sense to me :flowerforyou:
  • pjrme1956
    Options
    What is a crush? It has been a long time. <smile> I get distracted with relationships and struggle to stay on track.
    Unless that person is on the same page
  • pjrme1956
    Options
    Yey must have a great Husband and you must be a wonderful wife.
  • pammbroo
    pammbroo Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    You should definitely want to stay motivated for your own reasons, however, the possibility of another human seeing you naked tends to help one stay focused.

:wink: