What size weights are you gal's and/or guy's using?

Options
I started with 8lb weights b/c thats all i had at the time.. and i could not finish a whole set with the weights. so I would do half with and half without.

I went to Wally world and got 5lb weights so maybe that will be better.

Replies

• dafoots0911
    dafoots0911 Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    I started out with 5lbs and I am on level one. I switched to the 10lb weights or the chest fly exercise because 5 was too light and I also used 10lb for the back row. I could problaby go to 10 for the bicep curl with the side lunge but I'll try that on day 7. I hope to do day 4 this evening.
  • vichm
    vichm Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    i only had smaller weights at home, 2.5lbs or 4lbs.... I use the 4lb weights as they are good enough for me to feel the workout and ach the next day but not too much I can do the dvd.

5lbs should be ok. x
  • MILFaspirations
    MILFaspirations Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    cool! yah it think i will do the 8lb for chest fly.... but the others, going to use the 5lb.

wow! 10lb weights!!! goood lawd!
  • beancurdie
    beancurdie Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    My first round of Shred, I used 3lb weights. I have really wimpy arms. This time around, I'm using 5lbs. Seems to be the right amount for me.
  • AriadneSnow
    AriadneSnow Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I use 2kg weights (4.4lb), which absolutely killed me at first - I still struggle to finish the lateral shoulder raises. But I'm thinking of upping to 3kg (6.6lb) weights for the bicep curls and the chest fly in a bit.
  • Fay64
    Fay64 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    when I did round one, I used 3 lbs, this round, I am using 4 lbs and I think I injured my shoulders! :cry:
  • MILFaspirations
    MILFaspirations Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    that side squad weight lifted to eyes is killer!!!

i used the 5lbs weights yesterday.. at least i finished that set... but it was killer!

used the 8lb weight just for the chest flys.. and thats great.

i think that one is my favorite of the different sets.
  • lniffa
    lniffa Posts: 718 Member
    Options
    I am alternating between the 3 lbs and the 10 lbs weights, so far so good.