Welcome Everyone!!!

Options
Now that we have a "home"...let's get acquainted!!

I'm Deana, 42 from Iowa.

I started at 211 and am down to 172. I've lost 39 and have another 30 or so to go!!

Replies

• vivianahm
    vivianahm Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Hi I want to join too.
    I'm Viviana, from Chile. I'm 34 and a working mother to a 4 year old son and a 2 year old daughter.
    i like your challenge because I just completed my first 100 days with MFP (I have logged everyday!).
    My goals for this 100 days are:
    1. Cut back soda completely (I've cut it back about 80%)
    2. Measure my water intake (which I never log)
    3. Continue to push myself and have fun! I don't care how much I lose in this 100 days as long as the scale goes down and I eventually reach my goal. I've made peace with the fact that I'm a slow loser.

Good luck everyone!
  • torrey66
    torrey66 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone I'm Torrey and I'm from Champaign,il.I look forward to working with you all,while reaching our goals.
  • Annadrews
    Annadrews Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Hello Everyone, I'm Anna from Bremerton, Wa. and 46 yrs old. Mother of 4 and grand mother to 6. I joined MFP in Dec. 2011 and have lost 3.5 lbs. I also decided to quit smoking at the same time so I'm in this for the long haul. I had a little trouble since I started I keep playing with the same 3.5 lbs. I go down and then I go back up so, basically I would like to start seeing some consistency. I look forward to working with all of you.

I'm curious: Are we going to have a weigh in day?
  • htelin
    Options
    I'm Heidi from Pittsburgh, Pa. I'm 33 and newly married. I'm looking to be in better shape for the summer. I'm at 150 but would love to be at 125-130. Im currently having difficulty losing weight so I'd love to drop some pounds in these 100 days!
  • tropicalgirl34
    tropicalgirl34 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Hello I'm Jill and I live in Nebraska. One of my goals is to lose 25-35 pounds by May 15th!! I have lost 8 pounds since joining MFP a month ago and I'm ready for a new challenge!!
  • newma6
    newma6 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone! My name is Tricia. I am a 29 year old Mama of 5 children. I have been married almost 12 years. I started MFP on Jan. 1st, 2012. I weighed 256.4, when I started. I am down 10 pounds, 246.6. My 1st big goal is to be under 200 pounds by my 30th birthday at the end of November. Nice to meet everyone, and good luck on your journey!
  • ChristineLeary
    Options
    Hi! I'm Christine, 42, from MA. Ideally, I'd love to get back down to the 140's. That's a long way off so for now, I'll focus on losing 10lbs. and buildig muscle and endurance. It's important for me to make life style changes and not to focus on loosing weight alone.
  • deanadimples
    deanadimples Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    ANNA: If you want a definite weigh day we sure can. We started on a Tuesday so we can use that day, o

Myself, I don't do them. I started out that way. But got frustrated because I'd have a great week but on weigh in day I would weigh a half lb less or more when I knew I had lost more. Now, I log my weight daily in a phone app and when I see a loss that sticks around for a couple days I log it. When I'm hitting my daily goals, I lose about every 7-10 days anyway, but I've removed the frustration of weigh ins.

When I log my weight on MFP, I use another phone app (LIBRA) that tracks my progress and tells me my projected "goal date". I love this app!

TRICIA: Good job on the 10 lbs...thats great results!
  • brobin41101
    brobin41101 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone ! My name is Beth, I will turn the big 50 this year. :noway: I would love to be at a much healthier weight for that great milestone in my life. This 100 day challenge would put me, exactly ,one month shy of my 1 year anniversary with MFP. I have had a lot of success so far and I am looking forward to continuing to reach my goal. My commitment is to be within the (healthy range) when I step on the scale...whatever that number will be, will be...but my weight loss goal number is 155 lbs. I am somewhat tall, so I may not be able go that low...but,... at the moment ,it's a number to shoot for. :wink:
  • MMarvelous
    MMarvelous Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    Hi! My name is Michele! I am 34 and plan to lose 35lbs by May 15. On going battle w/ me but I look forward to a team effort! LET'S GET IT!
  • jesusislove1526
    jesusislove1526 Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    Hello everybody! My name is Glenda, and I live in a small town in northeastern NC called Garysburg, but I am originally from MD. I am a mom of 2 and stepmom of 6, although I claim them all as my own since I raised them. As I put on the other thread, my 39th birthday is May 15th, which is the 99th day of this challenge, so I am excited to see how much weight I can lose between now and then.

I actually joined MFP in November 2011, but I didn't become active until January 5, 2012 and by then I lost 5 lbs. My starting weight was 330 and my current weight is 305, so I lost 20 lbs in the month of January alone. My goal weight is between 150 and 155, which would still put me in the "overweight" category according to my height [5'4"], but I have a large frame, so I felt that I needed to account for that when setting my goal weight. We will see, though, because I might decide to get rid of more weight when I get there, depending on how I feel. I look forward to communicating with everyone in the group through our posts. We can do it!
  • sabrina32576
    sabrina32576 Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    Hello all! I'm Sabrina and I'm 35. I live in Maryland with my husband of 11 years, my 15 yr old stepdaughter, 11 year old male chihuahua, 10 year old female chihuahua and 6 month old border collie. I need to get in shape to keep up with the newest puppy and for my health.

Feel free to add me as a friend
  • Melimoo2012
    Melimoo2012 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Im Melissa 28 years old need to get my weight back down for being re united with my boyfriend in april may time not sure when yet.
  • ice99706
    ice99706 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am Karen, from Alaska. SW: 228 GW: 170. My Dr says with my cholesterol and all I will live to be 100, well I want to healthy and fit if I'm going to live that long.
  • MMarvelous
    MMarvelous Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am Karen, from Alaska. SW: 228 GW: 170. My Dr says with my cholesterol and all I will live to be 100, well I want to healthy and fit if I'm going to live that long.

Hi Karen and welcome!