TAM newbie

Options
Hello everyone,

I am on Day 11 of Tracy Anderson's Omnicentric Transform workout.

My highest weight has topped 168 lb, I'm currently at 158 lb. and would like to be at 145 lb one day.

The workout is do-able, but tough! I curse in my mind during those last few leg lift moves. How many reps is it exactly? I try to count but it seems like about 50?

Anyhow, I'm happy to have found this group. Seems I've been on a diet in my mind and failing at it for my entire life. Up and down and up and down again. The TAM is great because you can do it at home, in private... and it really seems to shrink the body from the inside. Last year I started TAM, and got about 3 weeks in, I couldn't believe how many inches I lost in that short time. I'm here on this forum to hear other people's stories, and stay motivated to power through, and make it past 2 weeks!

Hope all is well,

muffin top no mo

Replies

• lillyscat
    Options
    I'm on L2D2 Abcentric! Glad to see another TAMer/Meta :)

My highest weight (last Jan 2011) was 178. I'm currently back to where I was ate prior to final exams/the holidays, around 153. My next goal is 136 (which would bring me into normal BMI range!).

The workout is TOUGHHH! Supposedly you're supposed to do around 40 reps; people usually pause their DVDs since Tracy is notorious for not counting/not counting evenly on both sides. I start with 20, then work my way up, but it also depends on the move. Sometimes she says exactly how many...I think as long as you're still challenged and are able to complete all the sets she does, you're probably doing just fine.

Do you do her Diet Plan? It was too restrictive for me, so I'm modifying it a bit, though recently the weight has started to creep back on after a few bad days :(
  • muffintop_nomo
    Options
    I did try TA's diet plan, but it lasted for about a week. I've been trying to eat more sensibly - more veggies, lean proteins - un-processed foods, etc etc.
    Lately I've been reading Mark's Daily Apple - about the Primal Blueprint. It's along the lines of how I'm already eating, but with more 'whole fat' foods, and no grains or legumes.

I didn't know that Tracey doesn't do even reps on each side! Fascinating.
    As of this week I'm at 155, which is incredible because I've lived in the mid 160's for so long. I'm very impressed at your progress. So cool.
  • Sara736
    Sara736 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I hope tomorrow I can do more reps on the legs I couldn't keep up with them I had to stop and rest several times. Today is my 1st day of doing this, by the way what is everyone else labeling her exercise as for the tracking part.
  • Sara736
    Sara736 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I know I will no longer do the cardio DVD's since there is to much jumping and it killed my knees after doing it for 5 minutes. I am going to continue doing Zumba as my cardio.
  • la_noyee
    la_noyee Posts: 1
    Options
    Hey! I've been on and off, trying all of TAM DVDs for a while. Last summer I did the Mat DVD for about a month with great results, but I stopped. So I'm back on that, with the idea of finally trying Metamorphosis after! I'm on my second week, and it doesn't feel as bad as the first time I did the exercices. I hope I get the same results I got last time tho, because I felt GREAT!
    So, if anyone wants a buddy and all that jazz... HERE I AM! :)
  • HeidiYogi
    HeidiYogi Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone,

I am on Day 11 of Tracy Anderson's Omnicentric Transform workout.

My highest weight has topped 168 lb, I'm currently at 158 lb. and would like to be at 145 lb one day.

The workout is do-able, but tough! I curse in my mind during those last few leg lift moves. How many reps is it exactly? I try to count but it seems like about 50?

Anyhow, I'm happy to have found this group. Seems I've been on a diet in my mind and failing at it for my entire life. Up and down and up and down again. The TAM is great because you can do it at home, in private... and it really seems to shrink the body from the inside. Last year I started TAM, and got about 3 weeks in, I couldn't believe how many inches I lost in that short time. I'm here on this forum to hear other people's stories, and stay motivated to power through, and make it past 2 weeks!

Hope all is well,

muffin top no mo

Hey muffin top!

Bummed I didn't know about this group before! Anyhow, in the first 90 days it seemed most of her reps were around 40. When I was about to start a new level I used to watch and count the night prior and write down into a tiny notebook the reps. Then when I started the next morning id watch what she was doing and have the notebook in front of me and know how many reps of each leg move! It helped! What's nice is that in continuity, she does 20 reps for everything and it is very consistent, so hooray for that! :)

Nice to meet you! Hope you're still on the Tracy train!

Heidi.
  • HeidiYogi
    HeidiYogi Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I'm on L2D2 Abcentric! Glad to see another TAMer/Meta :)

My highest weight (last Jan 2011) was 178. I'm currently back to where I was ate prior to final exams/the holidays, around 153. My next goal is 136 (which would bring me into normal BMI range!).

The workout is TOUGHHH! Supposedly you're supposed to do around 40 reps; people usually pause their DVDs since Tracy is notorious for not counting/not counting evenly on both sides. I start with 20, then work my way up, but it also depends on the move. Sometimes she says exactly how many...I think as long as you're still challenged and are able to complete all the sets she does, you're probably doing just fine.

Do you do her Diet Plan? It was too restrictive for me, so I'm modifying it a bit, though recently the weight has started to creep back on after a few bad days :(

Hi axdreamx!

The workouts ARE tough! I managed to do her meal plan successfully for 60 days and always ate at least 1,200 calories even though some of her prescribed days were only about 800. I found her diet very helpful to me in that it helped me figure out quite a few food allergies because it is kind of an elimination diet. That was a good eye opener for me and has helped me with my food plan now.

Heidi.