Objectives heading into Week 2

Options
How did everyone do on their objectives for Week 1? Did you think of new goals for the second week?

Personally, looking back at my last week I definitely thought of new goals coming into this new week in the challenge:

- Count everything. For example, I know I drink way more diet soda than I'd like. I also have had trouble in the past with "grazing" and thinking it doesn't count. These things add up!
- Find time to cook meals. I've been eating way too much processed crap and using the excuse of not having enough time or being too tired after work and school. Nothing is more satisfying than making yourself a delicious and healthy home-cooked meal.
- Track veggie/fruit servings, in an effort to get more in every day.
- Keep up with counting calories and exercising at least 5 times a week.

Replies

• whitneyann0
    whitneyann0 Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone!!

For week 2, I would like to actually try to eat a bit more calories. I think my body is kind of freaking out. Lol. I've been doing great with my workouts. My workout partner has been pushing me. I've realized that my body is capable of way more than I give it credit for. I'm also very happy that I don't seem to enjoy soda at all anymore. It just makes my stomach hurt. :) I really do enjoy eating healthy now.

I hope everyone has been doing well!! :)
  • captainlindarg
    captainlindarg Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone!!

For week 2, I would like to actually try to eat a bit more calories. I think my body is kind of freaking out. Lol. I've been doing great with my workouts. My workout partner has been pushing me. I've realized that my body is capable of way more than I give it credit for. I'm also very happy that I don't seem to enjoy soda at all anymore. It just makes my stomach hurt. :) I really do enjoy eating healthy now.

I hope everyone has been doing well!! :)

Actually, I've seen many of my friends see more progress when they increase their calorie intake -- especially if they're working out a bit. I'm really glad to hear you're doing so well, keep it up! :)
  • MoogieOh
    MoogieOh Posts: 141
    Options
    This week I want to..

Lose 1kg (2.2lb) . I feel like this will be a challenge as last weeks weight came off because I couldn't eat much when I was feeling sick. Now that I'm eating again, I'm worried it will be a gain!

Sat night I'm going out for dinner and I want to make a healthier choice and burn a lot of calories before!

Work out 6/7 days! :D
  • tiffanylb88
    tiffanylb88 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Week two I am exercising more and preparing all my meal ahead of time including snacks :-)
  • npeters519
    npeters519 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Week two Objectives:

Drink at least 6 cups of water and log it every day.
    Reduce my diet pepsi intake to 1 can per day and log it.
    Do not miss a work out on a non-work day.
  • ReneeOfTheFae
    Options
    Since I have a feeling that my scale will show it once it has new life, my objectives will be similar to last week's.

~Drink 7-8 servings of water each day. (I've been doing quite well with this at 6 a day, but it's time to up the intake.)

~Workout 5 times a week for an hour each workout (not including warm up and cool down.) (I totally slacked on working out this week, but made the excuse of eating fewer calories and better foods. Which brings me to my next objective...)

~No more excuses. (Drink the water, work out and eat the right foods. When these three things don't happen, I will have no one else to blame but myself for the lack of body that I want by May.)

~Count EVERY calorie. It's harder, because the site hasn't been working (at least for me, it hasn't), and I don't know when it will. I've counted nearly everything, but this week I need to give it my all!

Keep up the great work, everyone!!
  • Trab06
    Options
    My objectives for week 2 are:

1. Work out every day, I bought some weights and started using some of the p90x videos in addition to my cardio workouts
    2. Continue the cutting back of snacking. Last week I did lose 4 lbs however I still snack way to much.
  • Amber393
    Amber393 Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    Week 2 goals..

Track, track, track it all. There are days I just like to nibble and I know nibbles can add up.

Introduce more cardio back into my life. Lately, I've just been walking and while walking is nice it isn't burning as many calories.

Water (Good on this usually) it's all I drink, soda gives me horrible headaches.

Make my bed every morning (it might seem silly but I think a made up bed looks more inviting after a long day of work then a messed up bed that you have to fix right before you pass out)

xo

Amber
  • afassett
    Options
    Week two goal:
    - drink at least 8 glasses of water a day
    - stick to my Ripped in 30 video with 1 day rest only
  • carcrsh
    Options
    Week two goals for me

I want to eat more fruits! I've been eyeing some raspberries. Bananas should be added too. I usually stick to small apples for snacks.
    Lighten up on the pizza! Every time I go to the school dining halls I have to grab at least one slice! It's terrible. I need to get over pizza.
    Guzzle the water! I've been slacking off on drinking all my water. I noticed I tend to only drink it when working out and less and less with each meal. I stay away from other drinks besides the occasional chocolate milk though. :)
  • daphnemoon
    daphnemoon Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    -To have a consistent amount of calories each day so that I can make a more accurate judgement of what is happening at the end of the week, and then maybe to increase/decrease next week for a bit of experimentation.
    -As with food, to be consistent in what exercise I do so I can make informed choices about what to do on week 3.
    -Drink more water
    -Never buy a single biscuit the whole week.
  • allenirma
    Options
    somehow I think I got dropped off the excel sheet....weight this week 172

goals, walk everyday at lunch, log all food, get back to drink all my water and less coffee

signed up for a 50 mile bike first weekend in May, need to get training.

I would love to be included in the summer one also.
  • jerikab
    Options
    Last week, I didn't really have a chance to exercise, so I didn't set goals.

This week, I have a few goals and I plan to stick to them!

Drink at least 96oz of water

Exercise everyday this week, if only for a half an hour.

Continue counting calories and updating my journal.

Sleep at least 8 hours, although this doesn't really pertain to my fitness, I've noticed that I eat more when I stay up later, and I have to get up at the same time every day, so going to bed earlier to get those 8 hours will reduce my snacking late at night.

Only drink water, 100% juice, and milk.

Start eating healthier for breakfast, which means actually taking time for breakfast instead of something on the go.

Eat less for dinner.

No bad snacking and record anything that I do eat.
  • afrazier02
    Options
    C.W. 233.2

Goal this week training for half marathon
  • SoonToBeHealthNut
    SoonToBeHealthNut Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    my goal for the rest of the week is to make it in the gym expect for Saturday.... have a big wedding to go to which should be a workout of its own...ha-ha
  • tsherm3850
    tsherm3850 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    My goals for Week #2....

Stay within calorie allowance
    Drink 8 glasses of water
    Exercise 5 days a week....for an hour. I do the exercise part...I don't do it for an hour. I need to increase it to have maximum effect.
    Watch my sugar intake....I always seem to be over; cannot keep it in check
    Avoid sweets
  • tom_servo
    tom_servo Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I've been sinus/chest sick on and off for the last several months which makes exercise hard right now. I'm on antibiotics, though, so hopefully in a week or so i can work out again.

Since exercise is out of the question right now, I'm going to focus on these things:

Drinking 100 oz of water a day.
    Eat less carbs!
    Eat less salt!

Good luck everyone - you're all awesome!
  • DawnMarieW16
    Options
    Weeks goal: Don't go off the wagon! Super Bowl was a little rough this week. We got BBQ and I went a little over board. But this week I am getting back on track. Lost 0.4 lbs this week and I am hoping for a good/make up week and going for 2.5 lbs this week.
  • ReneeOfTheFae
    Options
    Hey, carcrsh: If you can, drink two glasses of water before even going to the dining hall. With your stomach feeling fuller before you even see the pizza, you'll be giving yourself the time to stop and grab something better, rather than going straight for the baddies. I'm a pizza-holic, too! I know just how you feel, and I can tell you: it's not easy, but the sloshing from water helps! *~_^* Good luck!
  • fypspirit
    fypspirit Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    My week to objective is to work out more. I only got in 3 days this past week and that was clearly not enough. So I am going to work out at least 5 days if not more doing P90X and Hip Hop Abs. Gonna try to throw in at least a couple days of strength training along with it. Have a great week everyone....