Health Lesson

Options
jwpe
jwpe Posts: 77 Member
We are doing a health lesson this week... Went grocery shopping and got my usual (healthy stuff) and then a bunch of treats/junk/processed food. The kids get to eat junk all day (frosted flakes, donuts, kraft dinner, chocolate, pop, processed cheese & crackers, chips and dip) they have to do exercises and some puzzles thru out the day and document how they feel and how they feel their energy level is....Monday....Is same deal but with all health! I am expecting some sore tummies!!

Also got a economics lesson....their food for tomorrow, which will all be consumed in one day (well maybe not all the ice cream!) by 2 people cost $34.00 The rest of the groceries which will feed 4 people for 7 days.....$120.00.

I will let you know how it goes!

Replies

• LKissam
    LKissam Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Hello! we are also doing a health lesson this week! we are looking at the food groups and amounts of each you need each day. I am going to have them make a meal plan for a week with healthy snacks (1 piece of toast (grain), 1 tbs peanut butter (meat/bean) and fruit on top (1 serving) ) it is to get them to pick out healthy things to try for snacks instead of the doughnuts and junk. having them help plan the menu will also help them want to eat it! :o) we stay away from the processed food as much as possible as well by making 30 min healthy meals. (we reuse leftover homemade chili and make chili mac by adding 1 cup to mac n cheese) it makes twice the amount of 1 box of hamburger helper and it is healthier with the homemade chili! That is awesome what you are doing to change the kids to food to eat healthier! a snack of apple sauce (which helps absorb the toxins the body is expelling) and yogurt to help the lining of the stomach and intestines will help with the sore tummies. :o) we do the economics lesson too! I have my older 2 write and add the prices of all the stuff we put in our cart and let them know how much we can spend!