TOTD - 2.08.12

Options
twinsanity
twinsanity Posts: 1,847 Member
I apologize for not posting this week, I haven't been on here as much as I usually am. I'm going with something complete different today, and not specific to the LGBT+ community, as I really hate to 'single' all of us out of everything else that happens in life. Regardless of the 'label' (and I use that term VERY loosely) we have that makes us either part of or supporters of the LGBT+ community, we are all still humans, we all obviously have something in common or we wouldn't all be on this site, and we all have normal lives that continue on every day. So some of the TOTD posts will simply be about every day life, not always LGBT specific.

So, I got to thinking about it last night and it occured to me, that in every household members of that family are 'assigned' certain tasks. Some have bug killers, others have bathroom cleaners or the fridge cleaner. Whether the assignment of these tasks was verbal or simply understood, I've found that a certain task in the house is given to someone because another person can't do it, or really HATES doing it. What are those tasks in your house, and why are the 'assigned' people doing those tasks?

In my house, I am the one that cleans out the fridge and throws away all of the food that's gone bad. It's my job because my SO simply can't. His sensory system goes into overdrive and the slightest foul smell will make him lose his lunch. However, he knows my deep seeded hatred of doing dishes, so he's really good about doing them for me.

What are your tasks?

Replies

• diddypants
    Options
    I do a lot of the daily maintenance tasks just because I usually am home first I suppose - and usually have the energy to do it. I am forever cleaning the kitchen, washing dishes, taking out the trash/recycling, and doing the laundry. Not necessarily because I WANT to do these things but because these are things that need to be done. The wife usually tackles the weekly house cleaning. She also feeds the virtually every morning, but I clean out the litter box! :bigsmile:
  • BanjoKd
    BanjoKd Posts: 150
    Options
    I know what i am not...that is the bug killer. Once I had a meltdown over a big black beetle bug. I wouldn't even go out the back door for over a week.
  • SinIsIn
    SinIsIn Posts: 1,865 Member
    Options
    I do it all. If I want something done right... I do it myself. LOL
  • tameko2
    tameko2 Posts: 31,634 Member
    Options
    I do the litter box because "waaaah it makes me gag waaaah" and theoretically he vacuums because I LOATHE vaccuming.

I say theoretically because in practice it NEVER gets vacuumed. its been over a month. :grumble:
  • futiledevices
    futiledevices Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    I do it all. If I want something done right... I do it myself. LOL

Haha, same here! I tend to leave the dishes to my wife, though. I just hate doing them.
  • polarsjewel
    polarsjewel Posts: 1,726 Member
    Options
    i live a Master/submissive lifestyle 24/7 - so i do most of it myself!
  • morganhccstudent724
    morganhccstudent724 Posts: 1,261 Member
    Options
    I don't mow grass. To this day, I never have. I live in an apartment so I don't have to right now.

It wasn't til I moved out on my own that I started taking out my own trash.

Those were "jobs" my dad or SO always did...