JM Workout

Options
I love JM workouts. Last year I got into shape using only JM and managed to be the strongest and healthiest I had been my whole life.

I'm back to it again,a nd love it! I especially love the 3-2-1 format she has.

Question: My knees are killer bad, I usually only do level 1 or level 2 of the workouts. Do you think/know of any ways to do the cardio with less knee work? She usually recommends modified moves, but they don't really work as cardio for me.

Stoked that JM is keeping me fit yet again :)

Replies

• bim0219
    Options
    Hi JM,
    I am starting with JM this year also! I lost about 20 pounds last year only to regain it over the summer. I am struggling to stay motivated. I have had two bilateral knee surgeries, so I feel your pain!!!!! Literally!!! I just remember how much better my knees felt last year when I lost the weight. I am also trying to eat healthier by using Tosca Reno "Clean Eating" books and website. I love Oxygen magazine. This is my first day on myfitnesspal. I hope that we can stay in contact and keep each other motivated.

Bim0219
  • suzanne63
    suzanne63 Posts: 616 Member
    Options
    Hi my name is suzanne.I'm going to order this in a week( next weekend ) So it will be a couple of weeks before I even get it delivered to me. When is everyone planning on starting her program Body Revolution? I would love to do it with people to help motivate each other:happy: .I'm really getting excited.:bigsmile:
  • charlene_1980
    Options
    I ordered mine yesterday and was super stoked about knowing I could check this out in a few weeks, but I must admit I'm a little worried about the fact that you could go to www.jillianmichaelsbodyrevolution.com yesterday and find out all about the program and order it and now when you go to that site it has the 'coming soon' page :huh: I'm hoping this doesn't mean the program is going to be delayed...
  • suzanne63
    Options
    I'll order mine in a few days by money order.I guess I'll do the 30 day shred with Jillian Michaels in February now.I joined the group here.I think this will be good until I get Jillian Michaels 90 day program Body Revolution.I want to Body revolution in March sometime so the 90 day program is done before the kids get out of school for the summer.
  • rclay316
    rclay316 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Id love to hear how this program is. It sure sounds and looks alot like Insanity. I wonder if it will be sold in stores like her other DVD's.
  • amyannie
    amyannie Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    started my workout yesterday! so excited!! but does anyone know how you're suppose to go about it? is it you do phase 1 for a week then phase 2 for a week and so forth? and when do you do the cardio part?
  • monbeaucher
    monbeaucher Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    It doesn't come with a schedule? :O
  • imitedlay7
    imitedlay7 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    started my workout yesterday! so excited!! but does anyone know how you're suppose to go about it? is it you do phase 1 for a week then phase 2 for a week and so forth? and when do you do the cardio part?

Week 1 (if you do the extra cardio):
    Day 1 AM: Workout 1
    Day 1 PM: Cardio 1
    Day 2 AM: Workout 2
    Day 2 PM: Cardio 1
    Day 3 AM & PM: Cardio 1
    Day 4: Repeat Day 1
    Day 5: Repeat Day 2
    Day 6: Repeat Day 3

Week 2: (Do this for week 1 as well if you don't want to add the extra cardio)
    Day 1 & 4: Workout 1
    Day 2 & 5: Workout 2
    Day 3 & 6: Cardio 1

Week 3 & 4:
    Day 1 & 4: Workout 3
    Day 2 & 5: Workout 4

Week 5 & 6:
    Day 1 & 4: Workout 5
    Day 2 & 5: Workout 6
    Day 3 & 6: Cardio 2

Week 7 & 8:
    Day 1 & 4: Workout 7
    Day 2 & 5: Workout 8

Week 9 & 10:
    Day 1 & 4: Workout 9
    Day 2 & 5: Workout 10
    Day 3 & 6: Cardio 3

Week 11-13:
    Day 1 & 4: Workout 11
    Day 2 & 5: Workout 12

Day 7 is always a rest day.
  • suzanne63
    Options
    Thank you for putting that down :smile:
  • echeindl
    echeindl Posts: 326 Member
    Options

Week 1 (if you do the extra cardio):
    Day 1 AM: Workout 1
    Day 1 PM: Cardio 1
    Day 2 AM: Workout 2
    Day 2 PM: Cardio 1
    Day 3 AM & PM: Cardio 1
    Day 4: Repeat Day 1
    Day 5: Repeat Day 2
    Day 6: Repeat Day 3

Week 2: (Do this for week 1 as well if you don't want to add the extra cardio)
    Day 1 & 4: Workout 1
    Day 2 & 5: Workout 2

Week 3 & 4:
    Day 1 & 4: Workout 3
    Day 2 & 5: Workout 4

Week 5 & 6:
    Day 1 & 4: Workout 5
    Day 2 & 5: Workout 6

Week 7 & 8:
    Day 1 & 4: Workout 7
    Day 2 & 5: Workout 8

Week 9 & 10:
    Day 1 & 4: Workout 9
    Day 2 & 5: Workout 10

Week 11-13:
    Day 1 & 4: Workout 11
    Day 2 & 5: Workout 12

Day 7 is always a rest day.

Is the extra cardio that you're talking about what Jillian wrote on her facebook yesterday?

I wish that on the JMBR website it showed what all the 'success stories' ate and drank throughout the day. It would make it so much easier to see if what they achieved was actually attainable. Does anyone know if they took any supplements?