How do you figure how many calories are burned doing a DVD e

Options
Goingnuts2
Goingnuts2 Posts: 160 Member
How do you calculate a DVD workout calorie burn? Any suggestions?

Replies

• katiebythebay
    katiebythebay Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    It would depend on the intensity and length of time you exercised.

Do you have a HRM yet? (I'm looking for one - researching...) That would give you an accurate count, depending on IT'S accuracy.

Btw, Kathy, how are you feeling this weekend?

~katie
  • kodibear123
    kodibear123 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    I use my BodyMedia Fit. :bigsmile:
  • Goingnuts2
    Options
    I plan on looking into a HRM, the BodyMedia Fit sounds awsome! Something I would like down the road.

Thanks for asking Katie, it's a good weekend for me as far as PT. I've been stretching the calve muscle and it seems to be making a difference. I'm almost at a "normal" walk by taking baby, still can't walk normal stride or go upstairs using both legs. I'm getting there and know in two weeks I will hopefully be able to walk my neighborhood. That's my min goal at least :)
  • smoore1988
    smoore1988 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I currently don't own a HRM but someone suggested using the fitclick.com website. It allows you to put your weight in and gives you an estimate of how many calories you burned. I use it to log my Biggest Loser DVD workouts. A few people says it's pretty accurate so you may want to give that a try until you purchase a HRM.

13772593.png
  • WifeNMama
    WifeNMama Posts: 2,876 Member
    Options
    I Google the dvd name with "calories burned" or find a similar exercise in the database and shave off a few minutes.
  • Goingnuts2
    Options
    Great ideas! Thanks :smile:

I have a birthday coming up and was thinking of getting the MIO Motiva Petite Heart Rate Monitor Watch, until then I'll check out the sites you guys gave me. Hoping to start working out to some DVD's, sooooo excited! I haven't been able to workout since August 2011!!!

Love ideas! Thanks a bunch

Kathy
  • mrFerris
    mrFerris Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    try this site. after exercise take your own pulse, count beats over a minute and fill in the details of your weight etc and it will tell you how many calories you burned.

http://www.shapesense.com/fitness-exercise/calculators/heart-rate-based-calorie-burn-calculator.aspx