Anxiety

Options
I have been doing IDP for 4 weeks now and am down 19.4lbs and 15.25"!

Does anyone else get anxiety before their weekly weigh ins? I almost dread going in, even though I always have good weigh ins....

Replies

• YUMO84
    Options
    hey there, I think we all have anxiety when we weigh in because we work so hard and diet different than others. I get that way too. Im currently on the Protein Sparing Diet and its so strict and doctor supervised.. its really hard to do! But in the end just think of the great results and how healthy and good it will make all of us in the end! Hope everything works out!
  • stevehowland
    Options
    Late reply to you, but yes I was always a bit apprehensive about my WI but after a month or so that subsided and I found myself looking forward to the weekly WI and the discussion with my coach. Hang in there, the IP system works if you stick to it.
  • mikituba
    Options
    yeah, I'm only 6 weeks in and 26lbs down....but still....I'm always so nervous even though I know regardless it's going to be a good weigh in. I'm finally up to going to the gym...the energy you get from this program is crazy!
  • stevehowland
    Options
    Do be cautious with exercise while on IP as it can burn through your protein/carbs and increase your hunger. Talk to your coach about your limits and how to eat for it. I was told to keep my heart rate under 120 by my Dr. and no exercise for the first month which became 2 months. Now that I'm on to Phase 4 I've gotten into spending about an hour on the bike each day, but I do try to still half 1/2 a protein bare before and 1/2 after. Keep up the good work.
  • mikituba
    Options
    I've been talking to her and I"m past the month and into my second month, I just bring a bar with me just in case I feel light headed, but other than that she said so long as I"m not doing power lifting I"m good to go on the exercise! WOO!

Also I had a person basically tell me I was going to gain it all back yesterday because it's not a "real diet"....I got really mad and hadn't had dinner yet and started crying because I was so mad...not because I thought what he said was true.
  • stevehowland
    Options
    Yeah I've heard the comments too. As I started on my 75# loss a number of coworkers figured I wouldn't stick it out or keep it off, so far they are all wrong. I don't bother talking with naysayers like that, I figure after I've kept the weight off a year I will make a point to let those people know, and I do know who they are too :) As with any diet unless you change your habits after you are off the plan you're going to fall back into the trap. Between IP and this site I've been very conscious about what I eat and how much I eat but only time will really tell.
  • mikituba
    Options
    So you've been off the program a year? Did you find it hard getting out of phase 1? I still have 60 to lose, but I don't know a whole lot of people that have done the program in general. I do this and keep up on my exercise a lot in order to make the transition easier and make sure I don't go back to where I was...but there is always that shadow of doubt in the back of my mind making me think I'm going to gain it all back...UGH.
  • stevehowland
    Options
    Not a year, I started in August and began phase 2 about the 1st of December and phase 4 first week in January. As expected I regained a few pounds when I went off plan, due to the glycogen stores, but I haven't fluxuated for then 2 pounds after that. I watch what I eat and I still use some IP drinks/bars (mostly using Lindora and Atkins since they are cheaper).

It is very important to phase off though, don't just stop going and move along. Several things help keep me eating healthy, one is I looked how much I spent, but mostly is how I feel and that I still get comments from people I know.
  • mikituba
    Options
    Thanks Steve. Also the further into the program I get the more excited about my weigh ins I get and the less nervous! Now THAT is progress :)
  • dakotahdaddy
    dakotahdaddy Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I started IP last August and have anxiety before EVERY weigh-in. Most of my weigh-ins have been great and have never had a gain, but there were a few 0 lb loss weeks that went by and even more low number weeks. Overall I've been very please with my progress on IP and feel that it has given me my life back!