What exercise equipment/aids do you have/use at home?

Options
2»

Replies

• lazyspice
    lazyspice Posts: 8,515 Member
    Options
    Step! I've got one of those too - I use it to stand on when I'm decorating! :blushing:
  • Veganniee
    Veganniee Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    Step! I've got one of those too - I use it to stand on when I'm decorating! :blushing:

lol
  • StarLady82
    StarLady82 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Kettlebells (especially used with the Kettleworx program) is fantastic. I've also got a Wii, mini stepper, dumb bells and of course a load of dvd's, but I'm currently just using my cross trainer which is great!
  • Anna_43
    Anna_43 Posts: 117
    Options
    My latest gadget is a rubber type of broom.

My hoover died, no cash to get a new one so got a rubber broom as got laminate/tiles all over the flat.

Now imagine running with that broom all over the flat every single day and then moping the same florrs....

Sometimes twice per day as with 4 cats and a large long haired dog.....

Great workout ;)

And yes, housework /cleaning is listed as exercise on here - just in case anyone was wndering LOL
  • jodieoh
    jodieoh Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I use EA Active 2 for the Wii. It comes with a heart monitor and resistance band, it's basically a personal trainer - type work out in your living room. I do it first thing in the morning about four times a week, then at the weekends sometimes I'll do a step class on the game as well. I'm not a sporty person and am totally intimidated by the idea of doing exercise in public, so it's ideal for me. It was only £8 in the Game sale, too :-)
  • FoxyMcDeadlift
    FoxyMcDeadlift Posts: 771 Member
    Options
    Things i have and never use :

Weights (cheap and i have gym membership) Excercise ball, Ab wheel

Things i use:

Chin up bar, HRM, Sat nav, Foam Roller, Running Shoes.

Need to get a Kettleball...
  • Dizzle_65
    Dizzle_65 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    kettlebell and running gear (shoes, Garmin etc.)
  • iojoi
    iojoi Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    this time of year I swim at least x2 a week and I use my punch bag and abcoaster which is in the warm
    apart from that we have a shed which is being lined out for use as a gym and contains a multigym large gym ball rowing machine nordic trainer gazelle glider weights exercise and another ab machine
    i get bored of exercise so i have all these things to vary my experience and i have been collecting it all for a very a long time..
  • missdaisy79
    missdaisy79 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    I have a pair of 1.5kg dumbbells and a pair of 3kg dumbbells. I know there's a 5kg pair somewhere, but I don't know if that's at my house or my mother's. I have a skipping rope, which I seldom use.

I also have a number of dvds - AM/PM Yoga for beginners, YogaBoxing, Belly Twins workout, the best of 10 minute blast with Suzanne Bowen, 30 Day Shred, and several belly dance technique dvds (Serpentine by Rachel Brice, Arms and Posture by Rachel Brice, Tribal Fusion by Sharon Kihara, I love Turkish Belly Dance). Every now and again I bust out a few dvds and workout.

We have a punch bag in our back garden as there's no space in the house for it. REally need to get using it.
  • gtfcnat
    gtfcnat Posts: 199
    Options
    I've got Wii with Wii Fit (only used for weighing)
    Xbox Kinect with Your Shape Fitness Evolved 2012, Zumba & Dance Central (use Your Shape mostly)
    HRM
  • FJMilner
    FJMilner Posts: 407
    Options
    You name it, I probably have it!!! Some just collect dust, others get alot of use! Here's just a few examples

Wii fit
    Xbox Kinect
    Cross trainer (doubled up as a clothes hanger)
    Pilates ball
    Skipping rope/hula hoop
    Weights
    P90x
    Kettlenetics (DVD and kettlebell)
    Too many dvd's to mention
    Stepper (can't even remember where this is!)

Im every marketing persons dream!! :blushing:
  • YcatsFursworth
    YcatsFursworth Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    nothing :(
  • poytheboyDave
    Options
    I started with a wii fit board, and a friend gave me an old rowing machine. The wii was used from day one, the rowing machine only very rarely. I also have a Zumba disc, but have only played it once.

I joined a gym, and things changed, the wii board is used when I can't get to gym and the rower gets used more often, usually when I want to get a few more exercise calories for a snack LOL.
  • Nuttytart2012
    Nuttytart2012 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I have a vibro plate, have had in for couple of years and it has been used for hanging my clothes on.
    However, since joining myfitnesspal - I have been using it all the time because apperently it burns a lot of calories, and you dont even have to do anything - thats my kind of exercise :-)
  • Twinkletoestasha
    Twinkletoestasha Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I have a vibro plate, have had in for couple of years and it has been used for hanging my clothes on.
    However, since joining myfitnesspal - I have been using it all the time because apperently it burns a lot of calories, and you dont even have to do anything - thats my kind of exercise :-)

Im jealous.. Love one of those babies!!

I have an airwalker/crosstrainer thingy. Trying to start with it. OH dug it out from under the stairs 2 days ago. I go to the gym 3 times a week so havent really stocked up. Did have the Wii fit board etc but sold that as it collected dust.

Question to those who may know.... whats best to get Dumbells or kettlebell and whats the difference?
  • LixxiLees
    LixxiLees Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Only Wii, Wii Fit + Various fitness games like Your Shape and Zumba. I do those 2-3 times a week.

On order:

Kettlebell, exercise bike

Would Love:

Motorised treadmill... where would I put one!
  • rachealb1972
    Options
    i have kettle bell 5kg which i use daily sit up bench which i use daily and wii fit which we use at weekends
  • rachealb1972
    Options
    you will love the kettle bell i got mine from Aldi when they were stocking them i love it you get good squat movement with it so double exercise really