Week 3- Couch to 5K

Options
taylor0204
taylor0204 Posts: 357 Member
Hi my running pals,

For those on week three - congratulations. I am certain we all see some sort of improvement at this stage.
I just completed my first run for this week and I noticed my ability to run the distance without being focused on how much time remained. I was also able to control my breathing better and maintain my pace. I did all phases run/walk at 4.0 and ran 1.35 miles.

My goal for the week is quite simple " enjoy the run."

Replies

• lohitverma
    lohitverma Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Hi Running Pal
    I too did my week 3 day 1
    warm up 3.5 mph
    walking 4mph
    running 4.5 mph

completed 2 miles in 29 minutes, had that and 300 calories as a bonus goal

Felt good , though a little tired as i had an enforced break of couple of days...
  • taylor0204
    Options
    Great walk/run....2 miles in 29 minutes. :smile:
  • taylor0204
    Options
    I completed my second run today. I was tired when I began but had a lot of energy when I finished. I did all phases at 4.5 and ran 1.50 miles in 20 minutes. I enjoyed the run.
  • lohitverma
    Options
    great going, looking forward to my second run tomorrow
  • dancingincircles84
    Options
    Good job guys!
    I decided that I need to quit C25K until my knees are stronger. I've still been having pain in them and it's been a week and a half since I stopped running. I think I'm just going to focus on squats and swimming instead. Maybe when my knees are not as weak I'll start C25K over again but I'm out for now...
  • jsunshine220
    Options
    Hi running pals,

You guys are doing great!! It doesn't seem to be getting easier for me. Maybe it's because I'm still carrying a lot of weight. But I refuse to quit. Hopefully, it will get better.
  • Ely160
    Ely160 Posts: 51
    Options
    Hey guys! I'm sooo proud and happy to read your success stories. For some reason my legs are beginning to hurt...alot. I've increased my jogging speed to 5.5, and maybe this is not doing them any good. Though, my breathing has become much better and I feel more comfortable jogging for a longer period of time, I'm afraid my legs are not quite there yet.

Tomorrow will be my third and last day for this week; I will decrease the speed and keep you posted!

Congrats to all!!!!!:happy:
  • taylor0204
    Options
    :flowerforyou:
  • taylor0204
    Options
    Last run for the week.. 1.50 miles in 20 minutes. I ran/walk at 4.5 mph. Felt pretty good afterwards. Looking forward to week four.
  • lohitverma
    Options
    Completed my last run of week 3 too
    but burnt less calories than usual ? am i getting that fit (LOL) maybe time to increase speeds just a little
    have been doing walking at 4mph and jog at 4.5mph ,bumped up incline to 1 in last 2 runs
  • jsunshine220
    Options
    Completed my last run of week 3 too
    but burnt less calories than usual ? am i getting that fit (LOL) maybe time to increase speeds just a little
    have been doing walking at 4mph and jog at 4.5mph ,bumped up incline to 1 in last 2 runs

How did the incline do for you? Was it harder to complete the program?
  • lohitverma
    Options
    Hi
    I have done week 3, day 2 and 3 on incline 1, i did noticed that the first time i used the incline my calories burnt increased by about 10% for the run, and i did notice the incline

second time around, i even forgot i was on an incline, i think we get used to the incline pretty fast..
    as long as we dont over do the incline, in my opinion not more than 2-3 while running, it should be good as a training supplement
  • taylor0204
    Options
    I will try a slight incline this week. Week 4 here we come! Run! Run! Run!
  • jsunshine220
    Options
    Hi
    I have done week 3, day 2 and 3 on incline 1, i did noticed that the first time i used the incline my calories burnt increased by about 10% for the run, and i did notice the incline

second time around, i even forgot i was on an incline, i think we get used to the incline pretty fast..
    as long as we dont over do the incline, in my opinion not more than 2-3 while running, it should be good as a training supplement

Thanks for the info. Good luck on the upcoming week.