To all the witches up in here....

Options
Curious open discussion:
Do you use any spells, oils, herbs, teas, or crystals to add your weight loss journey?

Replies

• cppeace
    cppeace Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    I actually started with a good long open circle where I asked for guidance and love to help me become the person outside that I saw inside and and when I released the corners I felt like I was really letting the old me go :)
    No looking back for this witch :)
    Kimmy
  • MystiqueASAP
    Options
    I used to chant over my teas before I moved out of state; I also used to do monthly diet/weight loss spells and charms. I guess I have gotten so caught up with others and how they use supplements to help with weight loss, that I forgot about asking the Divine for guidance and using my teas, charms, and baths, that actually worked. Shame on me. :embarassed:
  • maab_connor
    maab_connor Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options
    i center myself to the Earth before i workout outside. i love the feeling i get from being connected and moving.

i haven't added any alterwork into my weightloss, but it is part of my meditations now, trying to force myself to remember my body too is harder than i ever thought it would be.
  • KayakAngel
    KayakAngel Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    Each new moon, in meditation, I recommit myself to making my body as strong and healthy as it can be. I think that those meditations have been very effective in keeping my motivation high.
  • AlysonBug
    AlysonBug Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I made moon water as the full moon was on its way back down to dark in Januray. I was drinking a shot a night while looking in the mirror and reminding myself that I'm beautiful and my reasons for doing this, also threw gratitude in. I got off track with that, simple thing to forget sometimes, especially when its back hidden away in my altar room. Have to say though mirror magick mixed with weight loss does wonders for your motivation and self esteem.
    I am a bit of a an herbalist, I made my own detox tea recipe. I actually haven't perfected it yet, I had to contact a lady downstate to get 2 herbs I couldn't find. Won't have them until the end of the month. Its tasty as is though.
    When I falter or feel like there's no reason for this I go outside and look up at the moon, and without having to say anything she fills with love and reassurance. Sometimes you need that visual aid to guide you back on your current path, you know what I mean?

I don't think I would of stuck with my diet/exercise if it wasn't for my spirituality. I read in a diet magazine the other day that they did studies of people trying to lose weight and those who were religious or spiritual (especially if they meditated daily and/or kept a journal) lost more weight then those who aren't. Pretty interesting.
  • gettingstronger
    Options
    I made moon water as the full moon was on its way back down to dark in Januray. I was drinking a shot a night while looking in the mirror and reminding myself that I'm beautiful and my reasons for doing this, also threw gratitude in. I got off track with that, simple thing to forget sometimes, especially when its back hidden away in my altar room. Have to say though mirror magick mixed with weight loss does wonders for your motivation and self esteem.
    I am a bit of a an herbalist, I made my own detox tea recipe. I actually haven't perfected it yet, I had to contact a lady downstate to get 2 herbs I couldn't find. Won't have them until the end of the month. Its tasty as is though.
    When I falter or feel like there's no reason for this I go outside and look up at the moon, and without having to say anything she fills with love and reassurance. Sometimes you need that visual aid to guide you back on your current path, you know what I mean?

I don't think I would of stuck with my diet/exercise if it wasn't for my spirituality. I read in a diet magazine the other day that they did studies of people trying to lose weight and those who were religious or spiritual (especially if they meditated daily and/or kept a journal) lost more weight then those who aren't. Pretty interesting.

I LOVE the idea of a mirror spell with some chanting and visualization! That's a great one.
  • AlysonBug
    AlysonBug Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Thanks, when I embrace the mirror I hate so much (I always have hated mirrors since I can remember) and do my spell work it really boosts my self-esteem, makes me feel on top of the world. Actually this Tuesday I am taking this idea in connection with the Leo moon and doing it with my coven. Just got back from the store where I bought individual mirrors actually.
  • SkinnyShadow
    SkinnyShadow Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I'm putting together a monthly study group of magickal herbs and plants, so while I'm refreshing my material and preparing for our first meeting (March 20th), I've been focusing a lot more on the plants and earth around me. I've been taking the kids out to help me collect certain leaves etc and it's funny, because since we've been doing this I've found that our meals are incorporating a lot more fresh fruits and veggies etc. I think this is because I'm again taking the time to appreciate and learn about each different plant. So instead of thinking "ugh, I have to eat more vegetables" I'm seeing the vegetable for what it really is - not something to help me lose weight, but a gift of the Goddess filled with magickal potential and life. It has really helped change my perspective, and I find my self actually craving the healthy food instead of the chips! :p
    (I really like the idea of the moon water btw)
  • virgomuse
    virgomuse Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I use crystals (white howlite, red jasper and amethyst) in a charm bag and carry it w/ me. I'm glad I spotted this thread. I had asked a similar question recently. Glad to see other combing magickal and mundane!

~Annie