Welcome!

Options
13»

Replies

• cdngrrl
    Options
    Hello everyone! I hope this group is still active. My name is Tanya, I'm 38, single, no kids. I lead a pretty active lifestyle although not as active as it once was. I used to do jujutsu 2 - 3 times a week which kept me in great shape but was also quite hard on my joints. I left that sport and moved on to dragon boating, a good form of cardio and conditioning but not much in the way of toning.

I did the Turbo Fire prep schedule last year to get ready for a trip to the Florida Keys and it worked great. I was going to move onto the 20 week schedule right after I came back from my trip, but life got in the way and my dragon boating commitments seemed to take up the majority of my time. After taking the winter months off, eating too much good/rich food, and drinking too much mulled wine among other things :wink: Anyway, I was definitely NOT in shape and had moved from a loose fitting 29" jean to tight fitting 31" jeans :noway: A change was certainly in the forecast.

So here I am, very serious about Turbo Fire and completing the 20 week program. I am at the end of my 2nd week and have already noticed some changes. I was bad and forgot to take my before pictures or any of my measurements...to be honest, I really did not want to know. I will be taking the measures and all that jazz this weekend, which will be not bad since I won't be able to do any TF workouts as I will be away for the weekend.

I'm super excited to be starting up TF again, I love the workouts I have been doing so far. My favorite one so far is the Fire 45...but I think that's because I had never done it before as it's not part of the prep schedule. It's kinda dancy in parts and that's fun. I find Chalean very motivating and enjoy her comments throughout the workouts, it really keeps me going and makes working out a fun experience. I have ordered the ChaLEAN Extreme and am getting Turbo Jam from a friend so I can mix and match on my days off and do the hybrid schedule during the summer...well, that's the plan anyways. :happy:
  • liv73
    liv73 Posts: 33
    Options
    Welcome Tanya! Glad you're here!!! I think people are lurking, but hopefully more people will post their updates and journey soon!
  • JustMichelleB
    Options
    Hello. My name is Michelle, I'm 38 and mother of two girls - 5y and almost 8yo daughters, married to a wonderful man who is very supportive of my madness for exercise. I've been working out for years (after many, many years of being overweight/obese).

I started Chalean Extreme nearly 7wks ago, I loved the TurboFire Greatest hits workout that came with it so much, that I ordered TurboFIre and started the CE/TF hybrid after the Burn phase was over. The scale hasn't changed at all, but my stomach has flattened a bit and my arms/shoulders/back are more toned. It seems that my legs are finally undertgoing a change (modest as it might be, they are my biggest trouble spots). I love working out with Chalean every day, she is so very motivating!! I'm about the enter my last week of Push and look forward to the Lean Phase
  • liv73
    liv73 Posts: 33
    Options
    Welcome Michelle!
  • cdngrrl
    Options
    Am feeling a bit...I don't know, upset with the amount of calories my HRM said I burned doing the HIIT20 class last night. Although I was going full speed and as hard as I could, and it said I burned 182 calories. How can this be? I feel like I'm doing more. How do you calculate for the after burn?
    I'm going to do a Fire 45 class tonight and see how that goes...it's got to be better. I hope :smile: